Old School Help!!! SNES Game genie

I have a problem. Surely there is someone here who can shed some insight on what the heck is going on! I purchased an SNES Game genie. The game genie is in great shape with a nice label, nice contactors, etc. When I play certain games there is no problem. Other games, such as Mortal Kombat 2, Star Fox, and Super Mario Kart will not work with the game genie. There are bunches of game genie codes for these games...why won't it work??! Once I put the codes in I hit the start button and the screen turns black (with these games). When I take the game out of the game genie and put it in the snes, the game works perfectly. What in the world???! Like I said, several of my games work fine with the game genie. The ones that REALLY matter like MK2 and Star Fox do not. Any ideas? Anything I can do? Thanks so much. This is really frustrating me.

Yes, I've cleaned the game cartridges.

B.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Re: Old School Help!!! SNES Game genie

Thats what you get for trying to cheat.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I assume the codes are taken directly from the manual that came with the game genie. If not, the game could have possibly been realeased after the genie came out, in which case you would need to consider the source of the updated code. Wow. Game genies are still floating around.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Thanks. Someone told me they only work on CERTAIN games. Yeah, game genies are still "floating" around. LOL

TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.