Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

What TV shows would you like to see released on DVD?

With DVD it seems more and more TV shows are gettign full seasons and entire series runs released to the home market. Popular shows like Friends, the Simpsons and Star Trek are no-brainers and best sellers, and even more obscure and "cult" shows like the Ben Stiller Show and Firefly are having success, not to mention the Family Guy situation.

With that being said, I'd guess it's pretty much possible for about any show to be released on DVD. I wanted to start a thread to see what unreleased shows you would like to see on DVD, and compare and discuss everyones picks. I really would like to see shows you want that might not be on the fast track there already (like if a month ago someone would have said Seinfeld- we all knew it was comming out sooner or later or Everybody Loves Raymond that will be released the same day the final episode airs).

Let's see what you got!

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

Re: What TV shows would you like to see released on DVD?

Not to double post- but I'll start off. Of course my picks are all FOX shows, as they know how to either run a series into the ground, or kill off a great show.

#1- Adventures of Brisco County Jr. I'd love to have this set, and the showhas a fairly large cult following and should sell well. Hopefully we'll see this one soon.

#2- Titus. I thought this was one of the best ensemble shows out there. Every character was unique and funny. It was a great replacement for Seinfeld of normal situations in a "screwed up" way. This I doubt we'll see, but I would snatch it up in a heartbeat.

I'd also like to mention that they could release another Married, With Children Set any time now. the first 2 were great, but we are just getting into the best of them with the next few seasons.

=MATT=
    Last edited by mrmiller; 07-22-2004 at 09:44 PM.

I dont watch much TV nowadays, mostly because I'm not really a fan of modern TV. I prefer older shows. All I've wanted for the past five years is All in the Family and Sanford and Son complete DVD sets. Take every episode of each show, box it up, DVD form, and I'll be the first to buy it. Thats all I want.

- All in the Family - Classic. Groundbreaking. Cant really say much about its effects back in the day because I personally wasnt around. From what I've heard though, and from just watching the show and thinking what it must have done to society and people in general back in the day proves its a classic and one of the best TV shows ever. It touched on subjects that were "forbidden" in its day. Great show. When it was on TV Land, I never missed an episode. I still cant believe they took it off the air .

- Sanford and Son - Another show I cant believe was taken off TV Land. Redd Foxx was hilarious, so was the guy who played Grady. The whole show was just a classic (it was, after all, created/developed by Norman Lear, the same guy who worked on All in the Family) and one of my favorite shows.
    Go ahead and reply, I probably wont read this for another week or so, much less even care what you've got to say to begin with. So I'd advise you to not waste your time, but if you want to, then go ahead :rolleyes:

Great people to trade with:
    ANEEL, Sith_Killer_99, and DEFINITELY Val Da Car!

1. 1991 Dark Shadows NBC series cancelled after 12 episodes
    2. The rest of Quantum Leap (only first season out so far)
    3. The Greatest American Hero
    4. The rest of Soap (only first two seasons out so far)
    5. Seinfeld
    6. Newsradio
    7. The rest of M*A*S*H (only first six seasons out so far)
    8. The rest of Cheers (only first three seasons out so far)

I'd also love a set of the Simpsons Halloween specials all together in one collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Droid
    1. 1991 Dark Shadows NBC series cancelled after 12 episodes
    2. The rest of Quantum Leap (only first season out so far)
    3. The Greatest American Hero
    4. The rest of Soap (only first two seasons out so far)
    5. Seinfeld
    6. Newsradio
    7. The rest of M*A*S*H (only first six seasons out so far)
    8. The rest of Cheers (only first three seasons out so far)

I'd also love a set of the Simpsons Halloween specials all together in one collection!
    Seinfeld, M*A*S*H, and Cheers are pretty much no-brainer's to complete their series runs. I'm all for Greatest American Hero! And then maybe we can all see the episodes that never aired, or the Greatest American Heroine, which is the finale of Greatest American Hero, and the pilot of a new Spin-off (*I wonder why that didn't go over well )

=MATT=

One of my dream to be on dvd wishes just came true and I didn't even know it was out...Wonderwoman with Linda Carter.

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'd also like to see Roseanne and I'll go for Greatest American Hero too. Another favorite of mine (NO laughing) is CHiPs! Love that show.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

1. The rest of Married with Children seasons
    2. Masters of the Universe (Complete Series from the 80's)
    3. Masters of the Universe (Complete 1st and 2nd Season from new series)
    4. ThunderCats (Complete Series)
    5. She-Ra: Princess of Power (Complete Series)
    6. Animated Marvel Series in Complete Collections form from 60's (like Spider-Man was done)
    7. Animated Marvel Series in Complete Collections from the 90's.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Well I'd love to see:

-Batman: The Animated Series: All the remaining seasons would be nice now that the first season has finally been released.

-Justice League: In box set form and full seasons only please.

-The Adventures of Batman and Robin: Same as above.

-Superman: The Animated Series: Again, same as above.

-Thundarr the Barbarian: The entire run in one box set would be a dream come true.

-American Gothic: A hugely underated series that would make for a fine full season box set.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Let's see:
    Family Guy? Check.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force? Check.
    The Simpsons? Check.
    Chapelle's Show? Check.
    Mr. Bean? Check.
    Space Ghost: Coast to Coast? Check.
    Futurama? Check.

Hmmm...all I need is The Brak Show and I'm good.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

A lot of them have been covered already (like Space Ghost, Superman, etc), so let me toss in:

Cartoon Planet
    Animaniacs
    Tiny Toon Adventures
    Freakazoid
    Dinosaurs!
    Headmasters (the Japanese continuation of the TF DVDs just finished up in the USA)
    Get a Life (better, more complete sets)
    Voltron
    The Tick (animated)
    I Love Lucy
    The Andy Griffith Show

As you can tell, I'm mostly for the 'toons.
    Tommy, close your eyes.