Hybrid View

Republic Gunship and 18" Imperial AT-AT Walker next for Code3?

According to a "spy" report over at GH from SDCC, the next two vehicles from Code3 will be the Republic Gunship, and the loooooooooong rumored AT-AT. I for one cannot wait to see these made, and cannot wait to see pics of these two new vehicles. No doubt both will be added to my collection. Hopefully Collectors Guild Members get the official announcement soon.
    Last edited by mini-rock; 07-23-2004 at 06:12 PM.

Re: Republic Gunship and 18" Imperial AT-AT Walker next for Code3?

I'm sitting here salivating at this possible news. Although I question, just a little bit, the licensing people at LFL for 2 different companies to make the same hi-end collectible. I realize one is a replica and one is die-cast, but still ...

I hope the AT AT is less expensive then MR's.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I believe the MR AT-AT is supposed to be a replica of the actual AT-AT prop used for filming, which is why it'd be different from Code 3's AT-AT which is supposed to be a high-end die-cast vehicle.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I believe the MR AT-AT is supposed to be a replica of the actual AT-AT prop used for filming, which is why it'd be different from Code 3's AT-AT which is supposed to be a high-end die-cast vehicle.
    True, but don't think for a second that MR will have any more access to the archives or any other information about the AT-AT than Code3. They will both be about as accurate as you can get without having to spend countless hours (years) building one yourself. Just for the record, MR's already isn't completely accurate to the studio scale prop used for filming since it won't be poseable, but even still with that flaw I will still get it as many others will. The Code 3 version will also have features that the MR version won't like removeable panels and such that makes it attractive for me as well.

What we can count on is that both no doubt will be top notch and excellent centerpiece's to any collection.

Looks like more info on the future Republic Gunship and AT-AT has been posted over at GH. The gunship will be around $200 available to order in October, and a ship date of November. The AT-AT will be around $300 and released sometime in 2005. Check the link for more info.

http://www.galactichunter.com/sdcomiccon04/code3/

EDIT: Thanks to Pedro for the info.
    Last edited by mini-rock; 07-28-2004 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Giving props where props are due.

I wasn't suggesting that MR's was more accurate, simply that this is likely how they were able to produce one even though another company holds the exclusive license to do so.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I wasn't suggesting that MR's was more accurate
    I know.