William Shatner VS James Doohan

I had read here recently about James Doohan aquiring Alzhmier's and that Shatner and him have put aside their long time differences. I had remembered hearing that Doohan and Shatner didn't get along very well. Does anyone know what that consisted of and why?
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Re: William Shatner VS James Doohan

Apparently alot of the TOS actors had problems with Shatner, it's not surprising Doohan did as well.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Doohan was the only TOS castmember not to forgive Shatner when the "Kirk" star came to discuss their issues a few years ago for a book he was writing (Doohan also declined to be in the documentary that came about from said book). Doohan had many of the same complaints the other castmembers - except for Nimoy (Spock) and Kelley (McCoy) - had, that they felt Shatner was a scene-stealing glory-hog who didn't respect the other regulars. Shatner went through some soul-searching while writing the book on this issue and explained his motives on those issues, that he really wasn't trying to get more screentime, he as an actor was doing what he felt was right for the show, and that he did respect them but he wasn't as close to them as he was with Nimoy and Kelley because Nimoy, Kelley and Shatner were the main leads and worked together every day on the series yet they only worked with the other castmembers 1 or 2 days a week. Even with all that, Shatner really did feel a familial bond with the rest of the cast, just not as close as with Nimoy and Kelley, and was able to patch things up with everybody except Doohan (Scotty) who just wasn't able to find a way to forgive Shatner.

I am glad to hear that they are putting aside this issue finally and returning to their friendship. If I remember correctly, Shatner and Doohan actually had known each other since before Star Trek, when they were working theater in Canada. It is a shame Doohan's illness is what finally broke down the wall, but at least now he can begin some sort of emotional healing. (ugh, that last line was too syrupy even for me )
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hope that Doohan remembers that they put aside their bickering and fighting the next time they meet up!

Wah!!!!

Mean, really mean.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars