Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Figure that has eluded us...

Hasbro, lemme make it short and sweet. We NEED a better Jedi Luke, and Im not talkin about the Tatooine one, cause that one has been done like all hell. Im talking about the Final Duel on the Death Star II. This is what I want.

-Accurate Facial Sculp
    -Accurate Costume design (no flap, make it closed like before the emperor got on him)
    -New Lightsaber w/ deeper green blade (its not light like on tatooine)
    -Neutral Stance w/ NO action features
    -Neutral Face Features
    -Double Grip Lightsaber ablity
    -Articulation
    -Accesories(Lightsaber, Binders)

I dont know what you meant at Comic Con by saying you have no plans to release a Jedi Luke at this time with corrected belt, but hell you BETTER do it within the next year or two, cause Im gettin desperate. This is the figure that will MAKE my collection, and Im just DYIN for it. Thanks for readin this if you do.

ROTJLuke

Re: The Figure that has eluded us...

I wholeheartedly agree. And my brother would agree also, since Luke is his favorite character.

BTW, check out my reply to your post in my "What figures should be released on OTC cards?" thread in the Hasbro OTC section. It seems that there is a really spiffy 12" Jedi Luke being made by Medicom Toys in Japan. I posted some pictures there and I don't want to repost them (being the lazy slob that I am). The bad news is it'll probably cost you over $100 to get ahold of one.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Totally, TOTALLY agree with the sentiment here. This is just ridiculous, this is the OT's main hero in the costume that takes him through the biggest moments of ROTJ and we've still never gotten a decent carded figure of this. How weak!

If you need an excuse to do this Hasbro, do a good Luke Endor - great articulation, neutral pose, no vest, saber hilt removable from belt, new sculpt of Luke's lightsaber (no more POTJ rehash crap), and wrist-cuffs for capture scene.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thats what I was thinking for loose, but I want to have one carded, since that would be the apple of my collection(I have a huge Carded/Noncarded Jedi Luke collection) so with this perfect version of DSII Luke would be a hit along with my 2 Mint Theater Edition lukes, and my brownvested, ringed saber red card luke, etc. So, PLEASE HASBRO, PLEASE MAKE THIS FIGURE. ILL STOP B****ING IF YOU DO IT!!

With love,

ROTJLuke

oh but wait? They could call it like Endor Capture or something like that, when he turns himself in! Your a brilliant person, Jedi Tricks! so yea, hasbro do something like that.

I'm not a big fan of resculpts, but I will get behind this one as well.

Yeah I agree, Hasbro needs to make a nice figure of Luke, not attacking not jumping, not standing in one hand, just standing with his lightsaber, nad also with a more accurate face, Hasbro always changes Luke's face.
    [SIGNATURE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Katarn
    Hasbro always changes Luke's face.
    Yeah, that's because they still haven't given us a likeness that resembles Mark Hamill. The recent hologram Luke was closest followed by the Dark Empire Luke way back when. The rest of them could be anybody.

I'm still appalled by the Luke Bespin figure that is being repainted for the OTC line, who is that long-faced weirdo and why are we supposed to confuse him with Mark Hamill? It's a nice figure, but I don't think it looks much like Luke at all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah! Have you seen the new OTC Dagobah Luke? What on earth is going on here? His face looks...... WEIRD . I don't recall seeing that expression on Luke's face while he was on Dagobah. Hasbro can't get Luke's face right...that is just a fact.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.