Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I Love The 90s on VH1

It is going to happen, July 12. Michael Ian Black returns.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Re: I Love The 90s on VH1

I saw that. Finally!
    I heard about it a while ago and was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to air.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I saw that last night during the first night of the 100 metal moments program. It seems too soon for it.

I also saw a commercial with a cat singing Run to the Hills. There were some other animals, too. Not sure what that one was advertising.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Thats cool. I will check them out, I love the 80's was great.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Finally, one with things I can actually remember. Some of the later 90's episodes won't have too much to talk about, as culture hasn't changed completely since then like it has since the 70's or 80's.

"Oooh, then the Matrix came out . . . and it's uh, still really cool and uh . . ."

JBF, I think that was, for some reason, just a little thing from rathergood.com, the same site that turned out the Spongemonkeys who eventually appeared on the Quiznos commercials.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    JBF, I think that was, for some reason, just a little thing from rathergood.com, the same site that turned out the Spongemonkeys who eventually appeared on the Quiznos commercials.
    Not to take away from the main topic of this thread, but I cannot believe I did not notice that connection between those two commercials. It all makes sense now.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Why, God, why?

Maybe they could add a segment to the Special Editions of these stupid retro shows with "Remember back when VH1 played music? Oh, yeah, that was cool! But the Phil Collins video was stupid. [Insert picture of Phil Collins with stupid sound effect, which cuts immediately into an end segment from GIJoe with Barbecue saying, "And now you know!"]
    Tommy, close your eyes.

VH1 has to fill its programming day with SOMETHING. Granted, apparently that's not "Video Hits" anymore (the "VH" in the channel's title) but still, can't just air nothing all day, then it'd lose it's viewer.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    I also saw a commercial with a cat singing Run to the Hills. There were some other animals, too. Not sure what that one was advertising.
    Iron Maiden.......
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

For years, VH1 would show two music videos from the current rotation, and then a classic video after. This format ended sometime around 2000. Now you'll catch videos in the morning and that is strictly it.

Remember the great VH1 programs like "8 Track Flashback," "Rumor Has It (a gameshow about celebrity dirt) and a show that was hosted by John Fugelsang that took a look of classic music performances from various old talk shows (like I remember a Carole King performance from Dinah Shore? and a Billy Joel performance from the Mike Douglas Show).

But two years ago, VH1 was in dire straits, with failed show after failed show. Now they have rebounded with shows like "Best Week Ever" and the "I Love The 80's." Granted it ain't classic music, but it's a start.

BTW for the best music channel out there, check out VH1 Classic, nothing but classic videos.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.