Thread: ABC's Lost

ABC's Lost

Anyone plan on watching this? It's from JJ Abrams and looks pretty interesting. Here's an unofficial site on it: http://www.lost-tv.com/. It doesn't appear to be pure drama, with many elements from other types of shows thrown in. As such, I want to take my first stab at what one of the big secrets on the show will be.

** Possible Spoiler (Hi-Lite to Read) **

I believe that the island isn't on Earth and that the survivors were abducted by aliens to be observed.

If not that, then this is a government planned experiment and the crash was no accident.

** End Spoiler **

I also like how the actors are not being given information on the other characters on the show. So that when plot twists are revealed, we may get to see some of the actor's genuine reactions.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Dr Zoltar; 07-26-2004 at 04:15 PM.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Re: ABC's Lost

i dunno if i will get into the show....but your thoughts on it what is happening are awsome...esp your first one. though i dont agree with either one, they are creative.

Uh, huh? No, as far as I know, it's just a plane crash where only the first class passengers....all of whom are superhot except for one token fat ugly guy....survives with nary a scratch (really....no, really). They also have to fend off some kind of Sasquatch creature or something, you know, just to make it interesting in between the inevitable Melrose Place dialogue.

Think Gilligan's Island meets the Grotto. Fair and Balanced...you Decide!

When seeing the threads title, I thought it was about reading and teaching in schools.

Anyway, me thinks I will pass on this show.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I think ABC is trying their best to cash is on the success of LOTR since they have Dominic Monahan (Merry from LOTR) saying "Guys....where are we?" at the end of every commercial.

Wasn't there a show on cable in 1999 or 2000 that was similar to this?

In any case, it looks interesting enough for me to give it a chance. Plus I am always happy to see more scripted TV shows over "reality" shows, no matter how silly the premise.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada
    In any case, it looks interesting enough for me to give it a chance. Plus I am always happy to see more scripted TV shows over "reality" shows, no matter how silly the premise.
    I'm with you there!