Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hasbro might plan on giving us 30 different kinds of Clone Toopers out of 1 mold.

As to Clone Troopers, Hasbro said that next year there will be more Clones than we can deal with.

I doubt they mean Super Articulated Clone Troopers.

My guess is that they mean the StormCloners - the halfway CloneTrooper, halfway Stormtroopers, seen in Episode 3. They have specialties like Jungle Clone, Sandtrooper Clone, AquaTrooper Clone (I'd hope but couldn't confirm), forest Scout trooper Clone, etc. etc. Don't cry about spoilers, they've been doing specialty troopers ever since Sandtroopers in Episode 4.

So I guess we'll get it like this:

Jungle Trooper Clone Capt.
    Jungle Trooper Clone Cmdr.
    Jungle Trooper Clone Sgt.
    Jungle trooper Clone Lt.
    Jungle Trooper

Sand Trooper Clone Cmdr.
    Sand Trooper Clone Capt.
    Sand Trooper Clone Lt.
    Sand trooper Clone sgt.
    Sand Trooper Clone

Repeat with forest trooper x 5, snow trooper x 5, regular trooper x 5, riot trooper x 5 - I'm already up to 30 variations for troopers predicted here.

What do you all think about this?

I myself am not threatened by this. All these Clones work for me. I will not "collect" all of them for the sake of having them, but I'll buy armies of whatever I need, most likely the lowest ranks in greatest quantities, to set up whatever specific scenes require

For AOTC, I bought:

35 Sneak Preview Clones
    40 Super Articulated Clones
    15 Clone Trooper 3-packs
    12 or so Clone Captains
    Several CW 2-packs to get more Clone Commanders as I had need for Anakin, Yoda, whoever.

So I will be buying over 100 StormCloners no doubt. I just hope the ranks and specialty troopers I want will be readily available out of the 30 or so types of variations I could feasibly see being offered due to minor paint or accessory variations.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Re: Hasbro might plan on giving us 30 different kinds of Clone Toopers out of 1 mold.

My pocketbook is wincing already. If they are going to do this they need to make them evenly available I'm talking 1 of each variant per case. Otherwise I don't want to deal with it.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Re: Hasbro might plan on giving us 30 different kinds of Clone Toopers out of 1 mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    For AOTC, I bought:.....
    40 Super Articulated Clones
    Geez, no wonder I could never find any SA Clones!
    "Chad Vader to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup. Chad to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup."

As long as they don't release them all at once, or randomly in case assortments, I say the more the merrier. It was hard enough keeping track of all the three-packs and bonus packs from "Clone Wars." I don't need to face pegs of clones trying to remember if I have the Jungle Clone Trooper with the red dot on his shoulder, or the blue dot. Hasbro should just include a different clonetrooper every other wave, and re offer earler ones as time goes buy.

If they keep the TRU multi-packs going, these could make for some sweet sets down the road.

Well, I wasn't shopping in Ohio. Only San Diego.

Dindae, one of each evenly distributed wouldn't do us much good.

Take 100 Clone Troopers.

Let's say you do 20 scenes with your action figures that have Clones in them.

You might only use 5 Clones at a time. (sure some scenes would have more, for larger battles, but basically, keeping size of dioramas reasonable...)

Obi-Wan with Clones = 5-10
    Yoda with Clones = 5-10
    Anakin with Clones = 5-10
    Darth Vader with Clones = 5-10
    a large battle with 20 Clones...

OK, that's 60 Clones used so far.

Each group of Clones would be basic "white" Clones. But need a commander.

5 groups of Clones in this example...1 commander for each needed, so I'd buy 5 "yellow" command version Clones.

1 out of every 10 I'd want should be yellow.

So if I found a case with "straight clones of those 2 colors..." if it was half and half (shipped evenly), I'd buy:

6 White Clones, and 1 Yellow Clone (leaving no white clones behind me, and 5 yellows on the pegs).

Next case, I'd buy 4 white clones and 0 yellow ones. Now there are 9 yellow clones on the pegs, and 2 white ones. Or 11 figures.

If the store's computer (Wal-Mart's smart system) reports that there are 11 (or basically close to 12 figures) out there, they WILL NOT order more, because they have a full case in stock already. But I only have 10 or so white clones and want 60. Sure I could have purchased 2 more white ones, but it does little good that the cases are evenly split, because eventually, there will be too many yellow clones on the pegs unless someone wants an army of all commanders.

So let's go back to 60 white clones in 5 scenes or so...

5 Yellow clone Commanders

In the small groups I might use for these "tight scene" dioramas, I might still only want 1 Captain in each scene - except the large battle, I could use 2.

So

60 white
    5 yellow
    6 red

blues and greens might be just slightly larger numbers than that... but I don't want my scenes looking like "Rainbow Bright." I want a hardcore look, so I'd probably either buy less captains and commanders so as to have room for some lieutenients (blue) and sergeants (green), or it'd be only a few more.

So I'm at 71 with the above, and add maybe 6-8 Lieutenients and 10 sergeants, I'm still at 89 Clones.

I may not even buy or use 100 Clones, but the majority of them won't need to be equal numbers of all ranks shipped.

In a straight Clone case, I'd pack:

8 white......8 white
    2 green......1 green
    1 blue........2 blue
    1 red.........1 red
    1 yellow.....1 yellow

That's the only smart way to do it and ensure that everyone gets a fair shot at white Clones if they are to all see continuous distribution.

If a case of straight yellow clones shipped, I'd buy 5 of them and never purchase any more again. If other diorama builders have that attitude, whatever color they want to ship after yellow, could take years to reach the stores (unless others don't care what color their clones are and kids just use whatever as common soldiers, and so forth).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho your assuming that people buy as many as you do. I won't by that many. I will probably only buy two of each since my dioramas are not as grand and my money will be streched as it is. Now I do agree that more white clones will be needed for the army builders out there so they could do two cases.

1 green
    1 blue
    1 red
    1 yellow
    2 new fig (a)
    2 new fig (b)
    2 new fig (c)

and

4 white
    2 new fig (a)
    2 new fig (b)
    2 new fig (c)

That way they wouldn't need to have a case of just clones for every one but they would be twice as many clones as other new figures. I don't have a problem with cases of clones but I think it would be a hard sell to retail especially six of them.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Dindae, your case breakdowns might work, but just one person wanting to buy Clones like I do could screw things up for you in your area.

With this case:

4 white
    2 new fig (a)
    2 new fig (b)
    2 new fig (c)

I'll illustrate...

4 white
    2 new fig (a) - Sly Moore (I want 6)
    2 new fig (b) - Senator Yarua (I want 3)
    2 new fig (c) - Pablo Jill (I want 2 or 3. We'll say 3)

The following figures are bought or hang, as specified....(and you used 10 figures per case examples, I thought they were 12 to a case. Oh well, we'll say 10 for argument's sake).

Case 1

4 white bought
    2 Sly bought
    2 Yarua bought
    2 Pablo bought

Case 2

4 white bought
    2 Sly bought
    1 Yarua bought
    1 Pablo bought
    1 Yarua hangs
    1 Pablo hangs

Case 3

4 white bought
    2 Sly bought
    3 Yarua hang
    3 Pablo hang

Case 4

4 white bought
    2 sly hang
    5 Yarua hang
    5 Pablo hang

Case 5

4 white bought
    4 Sly Hang
    7 Yarua hang
    7 Pablo hang

case 6

4 white bought (I now have 24 Clones out of 40 I want)
    6 Sly Hang
    9 Yarua hang
    9 Pablo hang

There are now 26 figures pegwarming (granted, others will want them that shop at my store, but they can't get Clones because I'll have them all and still want more).

Case 7

4 white bought
    8 Sly Hang
    11 Yarua Hang
    11 Pablo hang

case 8

4 white bought
    10 Sly hang
    13 Yarua hang
    13 Pablo hang

36 figures are hanging, and I have 32 Clones.... The store's computer's outlook is that there are over 3 cases of figures that are not selling.

Case 9

4 white bought
    12 Sly Hang
    15 Yarua hang
    15 Pablo hang

Case 10

4 white bought (I now have achieved 40 Clones)
    14 sly Hang
    17 Yarua hang
    17 Pablo hang

New cases will clear and new people can get clones if up to 17 people hit my store after me, each buying at least 1 of every other new figure, but never getting a Clone.

In reality, there will be people who buy 2 of each, one to keep carded. That will hasten things. So maybe it'll only take 8-9 people.

However, there will also be others besides me who will want to army build, either as big, smaller, or possibly even larger.

And we've been through this in a series of collector ettiquete threads:

I want my 40 Clones.

If I have the money, the time, and the commitment to getting them, I have every right to them.

If you are in school, or just like to sleep and not be at Wal-Mart by 6:45 am, you might want to buy 17 figures of Pablo Jill or you might not see any clones unless Hasbro decides to ship straight cases of Clones.

Or the simpler thing is if they do package figures as you suggested, then do this:

Case 1:

4 white
    2 new fig (a)
    2 new fig (b)
    2 new fig (c)

Case 2:

4 white
    2 new fig (d)
    2 new fig (e)
    2 new fig (f)

and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Dindae, your case breakdowns might work, but just one person wanting to buy Clones like I do could screw things up for you in your area.

36 figures are hanging, and I have 32 Clones.... The store's computer's outlook is that there are over 3 cases of figures that are not selling.
    While I agree it would suck to look at the crumbs you leave behind. But you are the exception. As you pointed out there are 12 figures per caes so they could throw in a couple of extra white clones per case. So that would make 6 per case. Half of the cases coming out would have the rainbow clone assortment with two white clone thrown in. This would be twice the amount of clones as when the SA clones came out. Don't get me wrong I agree that the case of just clones is the ideal way to go. I just don't see it happening. I see them trying to do what they did with the clone three pack which would be horrible.

I dont care as long as I find them all.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I am forever a fan of armies. It just isn't a proper battle without at least 10 clones/stormies etc...

I would like to see Hasbro release all potential armies in multipacks. Then, I'd like to see them CONTINUE TO RELEASE THEM!

Say I was hunting for something new (hey - we can ll dream ) and found nothing (like every day in the last month...) I would ALWAYS be good to pick up a four pack of something (clones, new clones, stormies, battle droids). So, I would then spend more money each trip out (I hope Hasbro is reading this).

As that would make a lot of marketing and distribution sense it will clearly not happen. But I can dream...