Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who played Vader with his helmet off in ESB?

When Piett comes to see Vader in his meditating chamber and you see the helmet coming down onto his head, who was that? Or was it just a dummy?
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Re: Who played Vader with his helmet off in ESB?

It was Hayden Christensen. DUH. Don't you know Lucas always had the whole thing planned right down to the last detail?

Actually, the guy's name was Lenny, and he was a tank-wipe at the Stuckey's off I-81 south of Christiansburg.

Actually, I can't help you.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Actually, the guy's name was Lenny, and he was a tank-wipe at the Stuckey's off I-81 south of Christiansburg.

Actually, I can't help you.
    Dude that is hilarious.

Oh and I have no idea either
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

scruffziller, I played Darth Vader with his helmet off in The Empire Strikes Back. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

I don't know the answer either.

I had heard it was Jar Jar Binks playing the role. Afterward, he was afraid he would be typecast as a sinister villain, so when he was fortunate enought to land a role in E1, he played a less serious character to expand his repetoire.

Why wouldn't have been David Prowse? He may not have the fatherly face Lucas was looking for during the unveiling in Jedi, but they could've slapped some makeup on the back of his head for that shot in ESB.

I don't knwo who it was, probably Prose. Why would they need someone else to do a head back shot. If they did that they would need to cast another extra.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Quote Originally Posted by plo koon 200
    I don't knwo who it was, probably Prose. Why would they need someone else to do a head back shot. If they did that they would need to cast another extra.
    I may have been Prowse, however to answer your question, simply wearing the costume as usual and appearing in that reverse shot would have been a time consuming change over. Undoubtedly they shot all of the meditation chamber shots at the same time, and probably all in the same day. The majority of the showed Vader in his usual getup. The helmet-off shot however required at minimum, a latex "mask" which had to be attached to the actor's head somehow. An application like that doesn't necessarily take forever, but it isn't like he could just throw it on as if it were Halloween either. So it is entirely possible that another person sat in makeup getting that brain thing put on while Prowse shot the other scenes.

But I too don't know the actual answer to the question.

I know who it was.

No, wait, I knew who it was but I forgot.

No, wait...

What was the question?
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.