Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: VOTC Scam!!!

  1. #1

    Question VOTC Scam!!!

    Okay...I saw this picture at another site *yakface.com* and thought no way.

    I went to my K-Mart tonight and found in the Han Solo VOTC packaging a R2.Q5 and in the Princess Leia there was a Euro R2-D2.

    I brought this to the attention of the store "Softlines Mgr" and fed some line about contacting the buyer and I corrected him that someone had scammed them.

    I think in doing this I will be banned from the store cause the employee I showed before the manager was called to the front of the store.

    Or did I just embarras him?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scam.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	8803  
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

  2. #2

    Re: VOTC Scam!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Val Da Car
    Okay...I saw this picture at another site *yakface.com* and thought no way.

    I went to my K-Mart tonight and found in the Han Solo VOTC packaging a R2.Q5 and in the Princess Leia there was a Euro R2-D2.

    I brought this to the attention of the store "Softlines Mgr" and fed some line about contacting the buyer and I corrected him that someone had scammed them.

    I think in doing this I will be banned from the store cause the employee I showed before the manager was called to the front of the store.

    Or did I just embarras him?
    I've found the same thing. And dont worry about turning it in, I did the same thing two weeks ago when I came across this same thing and the girl I gave the package to told me "this hasnt been opened", so I pointed out that the tape had been cut and replaced, and she just shook her head in disbelief and took it to the back. And dont worry about embarrassing anybody, the only person who should be embarrassed is the pathetic individual who did it.
    Go ahead and reply, I probably wont read this for another week or so, much less even care what you've got to say to begin with. So I'd advise you to not waste your time, but if you want to, then go ahead :rolleyes:

    Great people to trade with:
    ANEEL, Sith_Killer_99, and DEFINITELY Val Da Car!

  3. #3

    Re: VOTC Scam!!!

    Wow... this is about as bad as the picture someone posted of finding a 12" Darth Maul in a LOTR Rringwraith box. But the way VOTC figures are loosely packaged with the taped clamshell encourages this kind of scam. Hasbro will probably change the packaging if this type of theft gets out of hand, maybe to the sealed clamshells similar to McFarlane or NECA figure ones.

  4. #4

    Re: VOTC Scam!!!

    The idiot at the returns counter who took this back should be the only one getting embarrassed about this.

  5. #5

    Re: VOTC Scam!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada
    The idiot at the returns counter who took this back should be the only one getting embarrassed about this.
    You can't really blame them, bigbarada. They can't possibly keep track of every item that comes and goes in the store. We're biased and believe that everyone knows what's going on pertaining to the SW toy line. They are not. Likely they don't even realize there's a new line out, let alone what should be packaged in the VOTC clamshell.

    Funny, though. I bet this happens quite a bit. Even more now, with the exposure of this thread.

    I'd love to catch someone in the act of doing it. I'd get them for fraud. Oooohh, I really want to catch someone now. Imagine some scroungey scalper trying to return this for profit. Gawd, I'd love to see they're face as I catch them in the act, then as they're slimy butt's being hauled away by the cops for fraud.
    Move along, move along

  6. #6

    Re: VOTC Scam!!!

    I recently saw the Red Leader X-Wing with Dutch Vander in the window. I know, someone's going to crack a joke about who actually got ripped off there, but that's also why it caught my eye. I thought, "Red Leader looks better than I remembered." I, too brought it to customer service. The next time I was in the store it was back on the shelf.

    The thing I'm waiting for with the VOTC figures, is for someone to remove them from the clamshells in the store and mix them in with the similar looking OTC figures. When the cashier can't find the bar code, which is absent on the cardback, she'll just scan one of the cheaper OTC figures again and that will be that.


    Hmmm. So begins my descent into crime...

  7. #7

    Re: VOTC Scam!!!

    If they are a loose collector, they could remove the figure from the card and replace with a otc han solo or deathstar encounter darth and return it complete on card. Hell in the packet to a shop assistant they would never know the difference. With the power of the force cards though I would think it would be more than likely a shop assistant that has done the dirty deed.....God I wish I worked in toys r us!!!

  8. #8

    Re: VOTC Scam!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal
    You can't really blame them, bigbarada. They can't possibly keep track of every item that comes and goes in the store. We're biased and believe that everyone knows what's going on pertaining to the SW toy line. They are not. Likely they don't even realize there's a new line out, let alone what should be packaged in the VOTC clamshell.

    Funny, though. I bet this happens quite a bit. Even more now, with the exposure of this thread.

    I'd love to catch someone in the act of doing it. I'd get them for fraud. Oooohh, I really want to catch someone now. Imagine some scroungey scalper trying to return this for profit. Gawd, I'd love to see they're face as I catch them in the act, then as they're slimy butt's being hauled away by the cops for fraud.
    You're right, I shouldn't be so hard on these people. I think, when word of this gets out and it starts to get out of hand, then Hasbro will have to take some big steps to prevent it. Probably by glueing the clamshells shut so that you have to destroy them to open them.

  9. #9

    Re: VOTC Scam!!!

    Boy oh boy, if this isn't an advertisement for a Kebco. At least I know I am not going to get home and be surprised. That happened with my POTJ snow speeder with NO DAK IN IT! Boy was I ****ed!

  10. #10

    Re: VOTC Scam!!!

    Hello jedi-cpa,

    I hope you're not saying we take figures out of packages and/or vehicles. We don't have time to do that, plus we would never do it. That's ridiculous.

    Scott Barnette
    Business Manager
    KEBco Toys

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO