Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stupid question about OTC Clamshells

Ok, I haven't been up to speed about the OTC line. The last time I was serious about collecting was sometime last year during the Saga collection, and only then I was only getting the AOTC figures.

But recently, I picked up three figs from the OTC line at Wal-Mart: Han Solo, Princess Leia, and Kenobi. I was pretty stoked to find them. These all had clamshell cases.

My question is, "Will all of the OTC figs come in clamshell cases, or is just for this first wave?"

BTW, which wave of the OTC is currently out now?

P

Re: Stupid question about OTC Clamshells

All of the ones that we refere to as the VOTC will be in clamshells. This is only 12 figures. You can tell the difference not only by the clamshell but buy the picture on the card. The VOTC look almost exactly like the vintage cards and the regular OTC have a FULL bubble going across the card and newer photos as backgrounds (not to mention they do not come with the clamshell).

-Sal
    Move along, move along

The only figures out now from VOTC are Luke, Leia, Han and Ben. The rest will be hitting shortly.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

All of the VOTC figures include:

ANH
    Luke Skywalker

ESB
    C-3PO

ROTJ
    Chewbacca

All of these figures commemorate the vintage style "old school" cards. There will be only 12 figures offered (supposedly). Good luck! I have found the first wave, like you, ben, han and leia. Luke will come later I suppose.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Hey guys, thanks for the clarification between the VOTC and the OTC. It's actually been a while since I have seen anything new in the stores. Then all of the sudden, these VOTC cards jumped out at me and I was pretty pumped.

Have the ESB and ROTJ VOTC figs come out yet? If not, then when?

They havent come out yet, Preorder cases on EE's site have them slated for August and September.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Vader & Yoda out now here.No Lando & C-3PO though.

Another stupid question:

Will the VOTC clamshells accomodate vintage cards? I've got a couple unpunched DROIDS figures I'd like to protect and I know I've got extra VOTC clamshells in storage. But before I dig 'em out, I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has used them to store vintage MOC.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I would assume they will fit because its the same sized cards right&?

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    Another stupid question:

Will the VOTC clamshells accomodate vintage cards? I've got a couple unpunched DROIDS figures I'd like to protect and I know I've got extra VOTC clamshells in storage. But before I dig 'em out, I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has used them to store vintage MOC.

Most of them should fit. I put the few I had in them and all but one fit, the bubble was different on he bottom.