View Poll Results: Which secondary villain is the best?

Voters
1691. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darth Maul

138 8.16%
  • Nute Gunray

121 7.16%
  • Jango Fett

181 10.70%
  • Count Dooku

405 23.95%
  • Grand Moff Tarkin

339 20.05%
  • Boba Fett

212 12.54%
  • Jabba the Hutt

161 9.52%
  • Prince Xizor

7 0.41%
  • Exar Kun

94 5.56%
  • Grand Admiral Thrawn

33 1.95%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Which Secondary Villain is the Best?

Boba Fett. There is no other choice for me. I've always loved Boba Fett, but the Boba I love is the former Journeyman Protector Jaster Mereel from the planet Concord Dawn, not a clone of some loser who got his head chopped off by the guy from Pulp Fiction. Gotta keep that original continuity alive.
    [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red][I]Knightfall: Star Wars Stockboy Supreme[/I][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff][URL="http://www.xanga.com/red_megaranger"][/URL][/COLOR][/FONT]

Tarkin fo' shizzle.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I guess I'd say Jabba. He was just an A-hole.

I didn't even consider the Fetts. The only sides they took were the ones that paid the highest. In the movies they are fighting the good guys, but it doesn't make them villians, IMO.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Here's my list in order from 3rd (after Vader and Palpy) on down to 12th. and why.

Grand Moff Tarkin: Cold ruthless efficeincy. He had a presence. Peter Cushing could really play those kinds of character well. Tarkin OOZED authority. He's also the only other person, besides the Emperor to put Vader in his place-in the movies. That's POWER!
    Grand Admiral Thrawn: Able to keep the Empire together. Has cunning and deductive reason (based on a cultures artwork) down to a science.
    Jabba the Hutt: Lives on the same dustbowl hardened planet for years. Able to thwart several attempts on his life and has that pseudo gangster presence.
    Count Dooku: Though ultimately a pawn of Sidious, one of only 20 to leave the Jedi order. The ability to amass a huge seperatist faction also keeps him near the top. Though his better force wielding days are over with.
    Darth Maul: Awesome acrobatics. Deadly. unquetionable devotion to the Sith Order. To bad he went out like a sucker.
    Boba Fett: Oka, so I didn't vote for him first. I knew people would jump on the bandwagon with him. If you dont' take EU into account, than other than capturing Han, he really did nothing. Also went out like a sucker from a misguided weapon strike from Han.
    Jango Fett: True we got to see where Boba got his skill from, but once again a one movie wonder. Jango should have been able to take out more than Coleman Trebor. At least ILM could have had him get a shot through on Mace. This would have justified the senseless beheading that infliced upon the hapless bounty hunter. (Though the video game is awesome, IMHO)
    Exar Kun: I don't know much about this guy, but what I do is enough to keep him ahead of the next two losers.
    Prince Xizor: What an idiot. didn't he have the brains to knw not to crss a Sith? Didn't he think the Emperor was playing him the whole time. Vader got his revenge on him eventually. Again another who went out like a sucker.
    Nute Gunray: What, this lame brain made the list?
    Cowardly and spineless come to mind when I hear this guys name mentioned.
    He's hardly a villian. More like a greedy accountant. (which we know at times can be villianous-heh heh)

-Sal
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by Knightfall
    Boba Fett. There is no other choice for me. I've always loved Boba Fett, but the Boba I love is the former Journeyman Protector Jaster Mereel from the planet Concord Dawn, not a clone of some loser who got his head chopped off by the guy from Pulp Fiction. Gotta keep that original continuity alive.
    Actually, if you want to keep the original original continuity, he was a Stormtrooper who killed his superior officer when he was given an order he felt was unethical. Dark Empire II pre-dates the "Tales From" books by a couple of years.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal
    Grand Moff Tarkin: Cold ruthless efficeincy. He had a presence. Peter Cushing could really play those kinds of character well. Tarkin OOZED authority. He's also the only other person, besides the Emperor to put Vader in his place-in the movies. That's POWER!
    It was for these reasons that I chose Tarkin also. Vader actually answered to him in ANH (or at least seemed to).

Lowest on my list would be Exar Kun, since I have no idea who he is, and Grand Admiral Thrawn, who seemed way too all-knowing to me to be a credible villian.

I'm really surprised by how diverse this list is, lots of votes all over the map, very cool.

There seem to be an awful lot of votes for Exar Kun today considering there is nobody posting that voted for him. Clearly every villain has gotten some votes, but considering that Nute Gunray, Jango Fett, and Prince Xizor are all currently at the bottom with no more than 7 votes each right now while Exar Kun enjoys 93, that's odd. Come on Exar Kun fans, where are your posts? Explain why your guy is the mack daddy of baddies.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I voted for Darth Maul.

I can understand why many people got tired of seeing him considering he was the poster boy for TPM but he's the one villain I wanted to see get more screen time.

He's easily the most agile Sith warrior we've ever seen and a huge part, in what I feel, is the best choreographed Lightsaber duel in all 5 of the films. He also had a really unique look, which isn't easy in a universe as diverse as the one seen in SW. His double-bladed-lightsaber was a welcome variation on the classic Jedi/Sith weapon of choice and though his run was short he was the high point of TPM, for me at least.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

JT who did you vote for?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Oops, I thought I said already. I voted for Tarkin, he bossed Vader around and got away with it, he ordered Leia to be tortured, ordered the destruction of an entire planet without batting an eye, and made the planet's senator and princess watch the destruction. All this and he doesn't even have special powers or cool armor or any other trappings that the other guys have, he's just a fantastic villain.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.