View Poll Results: How does the just-announced Episode 3 title stack up?

Voters
661. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's great, totally fantastic!

439 66.41%
  • It's ok but not thrilling

159 24.05%
  • So-so, neither great nor bad

42 6.35%
  • It's sub-par, not that good

11 1.66%
  • Terrible, I really dislike it

10 1.51%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

How does the just-announced Episode 3 title stack up?

Late last week at the San Diego Comic-Con International, Lucasfilm announced the title of the final installment of the Star Wars prequel trilogy... Episode III's title shall be:

[font=Verdana]Revenge of the Sith
    [/font]

So, what do you think of the title, is it everything you hoped, totally awful, or somewhere in between? Did you see it coming or did it take you by surprise?

(please keep this thread spoiler-free)

Re: How does the just-announced Episode 3 title stack up?

I voted it's O.K., nothing thrilling. Revenge Of The Sith or Rise Of The Empire were the only two logical & good titles to go with anyways.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Good ending tittle, is like "Empire Strike Back"...well "Sith strike back"!!![/FONT]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails koko.jpg  

I dont care what it is called as long as it is good.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

It is the only title it could be.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I think it is ok, when I read it I didn't shudder uncontrollably or anything. It is a good title. I am ready for the next movie and bring on the figures!!
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

The title works as we know the outcome, but what of the path to the outcome. Yes, the Republic melts and at least two Sith survive, but what of the others. "Dwell is darkness they do."

I voted "It's great...". Only logical title, really. And....already I'm sick of the net chatter making fun of the ROTS anachronym. I do believe that even if you had a poll such as this to decide the title publicly, not EVERYONE will be happy, so it's nice to see a strong title that says it all.
    BTW-just say the title. Revenge of the Sith. Sounds cool, or whack or sick or whatever term of endearment us hipsters are using now. The title makes me want to see the movie. Bad Guys. Revenge. Sith. What else needs to be said?
    (It is a sick-whack-cool-jiggy title)

Well, after the last two I really find myself at a crossroads. The title sounds cool to me, logical choice, nothing spectacular. A title is nothing more then a title, even more so since the majority of the marketing will, in all likelihood, be done under the title Episode III, similar to it's last few predecessors. When it comes down to it the movie needs to give the fans what they need: True insight into the mythology of the classic Star Wars characters. We're finally going to see how Anakin became Vader and how Amidala secured the safety of her twins. Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones become more and more like cheap filler that managed to get all our butts in movie seats over and over. I want something with substance! If there is no substance then it just validates what we've been thinking all along: The prequels don't even come close to the original trilogy.

-Daflosi1

At this point in time I'd say the title is on par with The Phantom Menace. It sounds like it should fit just fine with the general theme of the movie, the birth of the Empire. So I voted for ok. It didn't send chills down my spine, but I didn't say "(censored) no. That's not the title is it?"
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane