Some questions here from a newbie

Hey all,

I am just getting back to collecting SW and have decided to just start with the OTC line. Just a couple of questions. Are most of the sculpts here just recycled ones, or have they all been tweaked a little. I usually open my figures and am wondering if there is a difference between these and the older ones.

Also, where is the best place to preorder the Jawa Sandcrawler. Through the store at www.starwars.com ? I am so out of the loop. Thanks for those who answer.

Re: Some questions here from a newbie

Welcome back to the hobby. Hope this helps.

Other than the Bespin (Lobot, Leia, Cloud Car Pilot) and Dagoba (Luke, Artoo, Spirit of Obiwan, Yoda) waves -- all of the OTC figs are re-issues of previous sculpts. Many of the paint jobs, however, have been updated. (Jawas, Greedo, Tusken Raider, just to name a few.)

The VOTC are all new sculpts on very, very cool retro vintage cards.

The Sandcrawler is available many places. I placed a pre-order through Action Figure Express for $54.99. But I've seen it some other threads about where to get it cheaper. You might want to do a search in the threads at Rebelscum.com. I think I saw a thread on this over there a while back.
    Last edited by mark2d2; 08-03-2004 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks Mark,

I had a chance to pick up #10-20 along with Luke #6. I thought the Leia and Lobot scultps looked new. I knew I recognized Boba Fett from the Saga line, but wondered about Vader. Was that the same removable sculpt from the POTF2 line?

Thanks for all the info.

There are two or three Vaders in the OTC line, all of which are re-issues. The Hoth Vader has some snow on the boots and cape, so I will be picking that one up.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten