Page 107 of 125 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1249
    Brainiak76-

"I found a Red Battle Droid on a single card (2002/#11) at the Target in Newpark Mall."

It was the only one of them left. They had a few other figures like the Red Clone Trooper, a Jango Fett (Pilot), but no '03 figures..... If they were there.... they were long gone after I got there!!!!!!!
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Lord Darth Vader

Question Target Customer service

Anyone have any positive/negative experiences trying to ask target customer service if they had any new figures in the stock room? I've tried using the customer service red phones at a couple of targets and while they did come and talk with me within 60 seconds, they weren't successful in locating any new stock. Does anyone know target employees and if it's worth even asking them?

Target Team Members

I know a lot of Team Members from the Target in San Leandro (Hesperian).

I can usually ask them and they will check for me.... of course I used to work there... however, most of the time... even they aren't the most helpful people.

My advice is start to build a friendship with a Team Member... do the same at Wally World. Half the toy crew knows me at Wally World and they will look for stuff... or tell me when new things have come in... in the past.

Whatever you do... don't get ticked off at them or accuse them of not stocking... that for sure will get your name put on a list of people NOT to help! There isn't an "official list" but team members do talk.. and word gets out quick when they have a "guest" treat them like crap!!!!!!

Another thing... don't bribe them either.... they can't take it. Some of them will sneak about and try to help you.. but in the long run, you'll get yourself screwed! And most importantly.. if you can, ask to talk to a Team Leader! (Managers).... they may not help you up front, but if you talk with them, and tell them what you are trying to do... I found a lot of them will help you in some respect!!!!!

Hope the info helps...

Smile Re: Target Team Members

Originally posted by c_richards
    I know a lot of Team Members from the Target in San Leandro (Hesperian).

I can usually ask them and they will check for me.... of course I used to work there... however, most of the time... even they aren't the most helpful people.

My advice is start to build a friendship with a Team Member... do the same at Wally World. Half the toy crew knows me at Wally World and they will look for stuff... or tell me when new things have come in... in the past.

Whatever you do... don't get ticked off at them or accuse them of not stocking... that for sure will get your name put on a list of people NOT to help! There isn't an "official list" but team members do talk.. and word gets out quick when they have a "guest" treat them like crap!!!!!!

Another thing... don't bribe them either.... they can't take it. Some of them will sneak about and try to help you.. but in the long run, you'll get yourself screwed! And most importantly.. if you can, ask to talk to a Team Leader! (Managers).... they may not help you up front, but if you talk with them, and tell them what you are trying to do... I found a lot of them will help you in some respect!!!!!

Hope the info helps...
    Thanks C_Richards!! Very helpful info!
    Also, just got back from Sunnyvale TRU and they have a bunch of the new 12" figures including Han Solo and Lando Calrissian (Skiff Disguise). They also had about 4 of the Imperial 4-packs. But no new figures! I did ask one of the employees and he said they just got a truck full of new Star wars stuff and they haven't unpacked it yet, but to check back in a day or so. This might be it!!

No problem.

Just treat all the other employees well, and you should do fine. It makes them WANT to serve you better. They are so used to being looked down on, and being told they don't know anything, which we all know is 99% true!!

Just as long as you don't demand anything, or act like a real arse-clown to any of them... you should be cool.

Also... if you ever get a chance to see or meet one, talk to the Hasbro Rep. He/She may not be able to pull out figures for you, but they might know what's in the back.

If you should decide to call a store and ask if anything is in... that's pretty much a losing battle. 9 times out of 10, the answer is, "you need to come in and see what we have." And even if you get the 10th answer of, "Yes, we have the new figures.." You have to deal with the follow-up, "But we can't hold them or put any aside for you!"

So... just use your judgment, and good luck in future hunts...

Just be aware of Toy Pirates... Those scoundrels will stop at nothing to ensure they get the new stuff first, and leave behind all the crappy and messed up figures!

Hey I went to TRU sunnyvale yesterday and the day before. There were lots of new 12" figs and the imperial 4pack but NO NEW 3/4" figures!
    Ed S.

Angry

Originally posted by fightoned
    Hey I went to TRU sunnyvale yesterday and the day before. There were lots of new 12" figs and the imperial 4pack but NO NEW 3/4" figures!
    I also visited the sunnyvale TRU the last couple of days and didn't see a single new figure. When I asked the customer service person if they had any new figures in or were they having any come in soon, she said she couldn't say because of all the "collectors." In fact, she went on to say, there's a line every morning of "collectors" looking for new figures there! I think she needs to understand the difference between "collectors" and "scalpers!" No wonder TRU posted a million dollar loss this quarter!! When are they going to get it??? By not catering to the "collectors" it creates a niche market for online retailers and that's money they're missing out on! Wake up TRU!

While it's true they do have a line of Pirates out the door everyday, she could have at least given you a clue as to when they MIGHT expect new stuff in.

Sorry that one didn't go so well. I find thought that if you don't deal with the customer service desk jockeys and deal with some of the floor personell, you might get a bit further. Of course, the real trick is finding one that will help you.

Like I said, just start to build a repore with them. Let them see you as a good guy, and not a pirate/scalper.

Sorry you got shot down on the outting... but keep trying. Remember... these people, even the desk jockeys, are subjected to this stuff all the time... so try to keep a cool head, and don't demand anything from them.

If they tell you that they can't give you that information because of all the collectors, just say, "Oh, ok thanks for the help." and walk away... that way at least you are seen as a nice guy. Most of these scalpers/pirates are real arse-clowns!

Hope the info helps!!!

hey fightoned I wanted to know if you still have those new figures for sale, if so i will buy em except for barris offee, i picked her up at the target in cupertino a few weeks ago, but beyond that no new stuff at that target. email me if you still have em at bobaboy@concentric.net if i have to take the barris offee then i will, i mean you can't have enough carded figures can you? i personally am an opener.... and i live right near valley fair less than 2 blocks from saratoga and 280

Hey BobaBoy!

Originally posted by BobaBoy
    hey fightoned I wanted to know if you still have those new figures for sale, if so i will buy em except for barris offee, i picked her up at the target in cupertino a few weeks ago, but beyond that no new stuff at that target. email me if you still have em at bobaboy@concentric.net if i have to take the barris offee then i will, i mean you can't have enough carded figures can you? i personally am an opener.... and i live right near valley fair less than 2 blocks from saratoga and 280
    All I have left is Barriss Offee, SP-4 & JN-66, Padme Amidala Droid Factory Chase. If you want the driods and Padme that is fine with me. Man you are right near me then. Send me a PM but post here first so I remember to look at my PMs.
    Ed S.