Page 110 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1249
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainiak76
    also saw wat tombor, padme wedding, colemen trebor, yoda/padawan but all the packages were smashed or bent so i passed!!

Brainiak76-

Can you please do us a favor, and tell us what stores you find these figures at? Even though you passed on them, and they might be a bit crunched it's still a nice idea to divulge where you saw them.

THX
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Lord Darth Vader

KB Toys last Thursday

I forgot to mention that last Thursday at KB Toys Vallco Mall I saw remnants of the new wave with only Han Solo and Darth Maul left over. KB also had the army builder packs, blue star fighter, the AAT.

I picked up the AAT and clones/battle droids/destroyer droid launcher army builder! I am so happy to finally find an AAT. I am happy Hasbro repacks some of their older stuff.

Later.
    Ed S.

Here's a quick reality check for anyone holding out for newer figures in Mint-Near Mint looking condition...don't count on it. I would strongly suggest you grab any new figure you may not have in any condition.

The new figures are packed so tight in each case that just by applying the slightest bit of pressure on the case will cause most of the blisters to crush or have dings etc. There were MANY dealers selling the newer waves in San Diego and about 80% were flawed in some manner.

All the figures I've seen on the pegs in the last week have been this way also.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayhank
    Here's a quick reality check for anyone holding out for newer figures in Mint-Near Mint looking condition...don't count on it. I would strongly suggest you grab any new figure you may not have in any condition.

The new figures are packed so tight in each case that just by applying the slightest bit of pressure on the case will cause most of the blisters to crush or have dings etc. There were MANY dealers selling the newer waves in San Diego and about 80% were flawed in some manner.

All the figures I've seen on the pegs in the last week have been this way also.

NOT TRUE......i found some like this but not all!! I found throne room vader wave at least three to four cases in minty mint cond!! Not a flaw on any of those figs!

found the newer figs at kb at southland mall!

When I picked up my figures (Target, Fremont Hub)

They weren't too bad. 2 of them had a slight bubble crunch, but all the cards were mint.

Hopefully I'll be able to find a few new figures this weekend!

Red face

I saw the Clone Wars Gunship at the Hayward TRU……a bit pricey at $29.99 but it was in a good box, so I bought it. I also saw two of them at the Bay Fair Target for the same price. I picked up the Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter and AAT at that Target as well since they were in good boxes and $19.99 each (cheaper than TRU’s smashed ones). I picked up the last Han Hoth, Chewie Mynock Hunt, and Vader Throne Room at the San Leandro Target. No signs of the Geonosian War Room or Jedi Council sets. Bay Fair and Southland KB’s had cleared out most of their old saga stuff with only a few left-over Clone Wars Droid 3-packs and Droideka Launchers in stock. No signs of the TIE Fighter.
    "A jedi shall not know anger. Nor hatred. Nor love." - Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones

Grayhank does have a point...

....regrettfully the figures ARE packed pretty tight, so if you DO luck out & find some mint ones, consider yourself VERY lucky.

Speaking of lucky...I finally had some today. The Windsor WM actually had a few figures from the Han Hoth wave (and some were in good shape). I picked up the Vader, Luke, Mynock Chewie, Threepio & Jango...all in decent shape (he Vader had a little crease in the bubble). I was astonished to find these at 5PM sunday evening...which is good news for folks like me that because of work cannot hit the stores at opening time.
    Our Targets are still bare (Grayhank was the lucky on there last week spotting wave 13...grr I want that Wat Tambor!) but no sign of anything the times I've checked (not even shelf tags for the Screen Scenes or any new tags on the pegs...isn't it about time for them to reset soon?)
    Our SR TRU has been zero on carded figures but they did get in the CloenWar repack ship n' tank and the latest "Unleashed" wave (the Luke one)...I gotta do a little shilling here real quick...
    Do yourselvs a favor...if you see the Luke & Obi-Wan Unleashed figures, grab them! Even if you've not bothered with this line, these two entries are too cool. The Obi-Wan is bar-none, the best rendition of Ewan's portrayal of the character to date & the Luke is truly "Unleashed" leaping perfection! Freed from the package, they both are great eye-catchers! (I know, I know..that belongs in the "reviews" section...okay back to my "Area Report"...
    Thanks also to Grayhank for the heads-up on his KB store getting in the repacked TIE Fighter. It's a good-news bad-news situation though...the retooled cockpit of the TIE looks great in the very imaginative packaging, the same packaging will next to impossible to find in MINT condition because of the wrap-around bubble. Sigh.
    Okay gang...I've blabbed on like certain Protocall Droid on overdrive, so I'm off....

Speaking of the Unleashed line, Emeryville TRU had plenty of Obi-Wans and three or so each of Luke and Sidious this afternoon. All were in excellent shape, but I passed on them since I find the Unleashed line unappealing. They had plenty of peg-warming Droid Launchers, but no Clone packs.
    "A jedi shall not know anger. Nor hatred. Nor love." - Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones

I just got back from Disneyland and picked up the last 3 STAR TOURS droid figures: G2-9T, R5-D2, and SK-Z38. I also picked up 4 of the Indiana Jones figures (not star wars, but still Lucas had a hand in it!)

Lastly I picked up STAR WARS Chess today at Target in Newpark Mall, Newark. They had about 3 left, and are going for $29.99 a piece.

The figures/pieces appear to be made of pewter or some sort of metal as the box has a lot of weight behind it!

Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Pellaeon... I got your sets for you... and will meet up with you as we discussed!!!!!

All sets survived the travel process...

Lastly.... I picked up the larger Starspeeder toy. This is the one that comes with a little Capt. Rex figure, door open, lights go off and makes noise. The noises are:
    "Welcome aboard... this is Capt. Rex in the Cockpit"
    R2's whistles and beeps
    Engines
    and Capt. Rex screaming "Lightspeed" then hearing the jump!

Not bad recordings either.... it sounds just like the ride!