Page 115 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1249
    Whoa sick! thanx for teh heads up! i might have to hit up great mall...then stop by D&B!!

Cool

While out visiting family for the weekend, I picked up the following at Target and TRU:

Bail Organa
    Ayy Vida
    Padma Amidala Lars’ Homestead
    Obi-Wan Outlander Club
    Elan Sleazebaggano without ears
    McQuarrie Concept Trooper
    Janus Greejatus
    Boba Fett Carkoon Gold card with green flight suit
    Han Solo Hoth Rescue Gold card with brown coat
    Clone Wars Durge
    Clone Wars Kit Fisto
    Clone Wars Saesee Tiin
    Ultra C-3PO
    Ultra General Rieekan
    Ultra Wampa

I also saw but did not buy (because of damaged cards):

Anakin Skywalker Secret Ceremony Gold card
    Aayla Secura Gold card
    Barriss Offee Gold card
    Yoda and Chian Gold card
    Ashla and Jempa Gold card
    Achk-Med Becq

TRU had at least 4 pegs overflowing with Yoda, Han, and Boba Unleashed figures. I also scooped up Transformers G1 commemorative wave VI: Smokescreen and Grapple for a friend.

No Super Clonetroopers, red ARC troopers or Kren Blista-Vanee seen. Now if only I had this kind of luck back home in the Bay Area………..oh well.
    "A jedi shall not know anger. Nor hatred. Nor love." - Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones

Picked up Achk Med-Beq, Kren Blista-Vanee, repack Ashla and Jempa at Dublin TRU. Strange how no matter where I go, all the other repacks are damaged (Aayla, Barriss, Yoda/Chian, Anakin Ceremony, etc.), why???????? Also saw the Ultra figure wave, sans Wampa ($11.99 each) and remnants of the Hoth wave (pricey at $6.99) at Stoneridge KB Toys. A guy took the last hoth trooper. No red ARCs seen at Suncoast.
    "A jedi shall not know anger. Nor hatred. Nor love." - Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Jedi
    Picked up Achk Med-Beq, Kren Blista-Vanee, repack Ashla and Jempa at Dublin TRU.
    Merry Christmas to my Northern California collector pals! Its been a VERY long time since I have posted, mainly because I have been busy, but to be honest, my heart at collecting has been seriously dampened with all of the repacks and stuff. I am no longer a completist, and have passed over many figures (Obi Wan's, Mace Windu's, Anakins, Anakins, Anakins, etc....).

Anyway, I too found Achk Med-Beq and Kren Blista at the Dublin TRU PLUS I found figures 1-3 of the 2004 series! K-3PO, Luke Hoth, and Hoth Trooper (passed on this one). Quite surprising.

Well, I wish you all a happy holidays. A special wish to my collecting buddy, C_Richards. Keep safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pellaeon
    Well, I wish you all a happy holidays. A special wish to my collecting buddy, C_Richards. Keep safe.
    Thank you very much Pellaeon, and I wish you the same as well.

Mnay thanks goes out to Pellaeon! Over this past year, he has been able to pick up a good deal of the 2003 Saga figures for me, and his assistance in helping me get the figures I was looking for is greatly appriciated!

Like Pellaeon, I too was a completist early one, however the advent of excessive re-packs and to some extent re-paints has left me asking why. I have become selective in what figures I get, and have passed on many of the re-packs!

Hopefully 2004 will give us more new figures and fewer re-issues!

Finally, I want to wish you all a very happy and safe holiday! Good luck in all your collecting ventures, and lastly...
    "May The Force Be With You!"
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Lord Darth Vader

I found the Hoth Trooper, AckMed, Imperial Dignatary #2, R-3PO, and Hoth Luke at Wal-mart this morning.

Lots of Ultra Deluxe figures up this way. They are overflowing at TRU and Target. Also found the CW Clone Trooper 3-pack w/green trooper at TRU.

I saw the Animated CW Obi-Wan at Target but did not get this one. Don't know if I'm going to collect that line or not.

A few words about collecting repacks. Remember the Freeze Frame repacks of Weequay, Sandtrooper, Boba Fett etc? These skyrocketed in value. I bought them at the time and will continue to buy newer repacks. Don't get me wrong, I typically don't buy figures for investment purposes but it's sure nice to have them if they go up considerably in value. So far I've picked up Boba Fett/Carkoon, Hoth Han (brown coat) and Anakin/Secret Ceremony. I too have not seen the repackaged Aayla, Barriss, Yoda, etc in decent condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayhank
    A few words about collecting repacks. Remember the Freeze Frame repacks of Weequay, Sandtrooper, Boba Fett etc? These skyrocketed in value. I bought them at the time and will continue to buy newer repacks. Don't get me wrong, I typically don't buy figures for investment purposes but it's sure nice to have them if they go up considerably in value.
    I think the reason those rose in value considerably was because there were so FEW of them out there unlike the current re-packs. Besides, what's the use of re-issuing a figure that had been out and considered new 6 months before? Perfect example Jango Fett (Kamino Escape). I passed on this one. Why? Because:
    1.) I already had the original release
    2.) It wasn't re-tooled, re-sculpted or even a re-paint!

Re-packs are simply a way to milk the STAR WARS cash cow for all it's worth. Sure some of them are worth getting, but think about it. What do some of these re-packs offer that the originals didn't? There's no added accessories or articulation points. There's no radically different paint scheme. It's just the same figure on a different card. Wow! It's a different card!

I'm not trying to put you down Grayhank. I just don't share the same amount of enthusiasm for a re-packed figure as you do! I'd rather have new figures, or even a new sculpt of an existing figure like the upcoming Jedi Knight Luke! At least there is a difference, and not simply a repack of a figure offered in the past!

Now... re-packs are wonderful if you are a "troop builder". But, that's a different issue all together!

Quote Originally Posted by c_richards
    Re-packs are simply a way to milk the STAR WARS cash cow for all it's worth. Sure some of them are worth getting, but think about it. What do some of these re-packs offer that the originals didn't? There's no added accessories or articulation points. There's no radically different paint scheme. It's just the same figure on a different card. Wow! It's a different card!
    I agree with most of what you are saying. But the one thing that you haven't considered is "new" star wars collectors. What if a person has only just started collecting and hasn't had the opportunity to get some of those older figures. Take for example Luke/Tatooine Encounter. This figure isn't new to me or you, but for someone who may have started collecting in the last year or so, this is their first chance to get that particular figure aside from going to a toy show and searching for the flashback photo card version. I would rather have new figures too instead of reissues but as long as Hasbro continues the line, I don't mind a few reissues here and there.
    I think of the cards as an artform. So yes I do get exciting to see changes to cards. Variations are part of collecting.

Oh hey... I understand the new collector aspect. There's people joining the "cult" all the time!

I just get a bit tired of the frequency. As of late, it seems to be more and more often.

In a perfect world, people would be able to get their hands on all the figures, from 1995 to current, and of course, from 1978 - 1985. But... we're not in a perfect world. Oh well.

However... there are 4 figures I wouldn't mind seeing re-issued. Sio Bibble, the Pit Droid 2-Pack, Comm-Tech Leia, and Admiral Motti! Reason being I was never able to find these figures since they came at the very end of the run of the line...

If they re-packed them, I'd have no qualms whatsoever!!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Grayhank
    I found the Hoth Trooper, AckMed, Imperial Dignatary #2, R-3PO, and Hoth Luke at Wal-mart this morning.

Lots of Ultra Deluxe figures up this way. They are overflowing at TRU and Target. Also found the CW Clone Trooper 3-pack w/green trooper at TRU.

I saw the Animated CW Obi-Wan at Target but did not get this one. Don't know if I'm going to collect that line or not.

A few words about collecting repacks. Remember the Freeze Frame repacks of Weequay, Sandtrooper, Boba Fett etc? These skyrocketed in value. I bought them at the time and will continue to buy newer repacks. Don't get me wrong, I typically don't buy figures for investment purposes but it's sure nice to have them if they go up considerably in value. So far I've picked up Boba Fett/Carkoon, Hoth Han (brown coat) and Anakin/Secret Ceremony. I too have not seen the repackaged Aayla, Barriss, Yoda, etc in decent condition.
    Grayhawk, what Target did you see the animated figs?