Page 12 of 125 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Hoping you're right , Fightoned

Because if the Tie-bomber and speeders are already sold out, that would suck bigtime. I am worried kinda because I've never been able to find Walmart Exclusives....not even the recent Luke w/ Yoda!

Maybe the 23rd is the key....Targets have no Star Wars on their shelves at all right now which is very strange and Walmarts have not restocked...or so it seems to me. Maybe when the 23rd hits, these toy dept. managers will drag their heads out of their asses and stock their shelves with something other than Pokemon and Power rangers.

Okay, a quick report & my interesting WM experience over the weekend...

....finally snagged an opener of the AT-ST from TRU on friday at the SR TRU....the key is to ASK (nicely, of course). Turns out that they've got a number of them but didn't know where to put them (!!!) so that's why they were showing up on the computer when I asked but were nowhere to be found. (I calmly suggested the salesfloor would be a good place to put them..this was greeted by blank stares...hey I was only kidding around a little...maybe).

One other bit of SR TRU news....if the list circulating the sites right now of TRU stores participating in the midnight madness sale is to be believed (it most recently was spotted on Rebelscum via another site), the Santa Rosa TRU is the only northern California store NOT doing it! I'm appalled! I know our store is a major SW seller (we've got some of the heaviest competition up here...mostly friendly...for all things "Star Wars") so to see this was a shock to say the least! I still can't get a straight answer out of anyone at the store, but with San Rafael (over 50 miles away!) being the only area store doing it, it's beginning to look like WM will be getting most of my initialaOTC dollars...if my temper can cool down after dealing with them over the weekend can (oh, it will) subside....more on that below...

KB's has been the place to catch up on the last of the POTJ waves...those pesky, hard-to-find transition carded ones that is. The MV store has a good amount of the FX-7 wave (with a good number of Rebel & Imp troopers left..it was nice to pick up a few more of those at retail!) & the DWNTWN mall store has some Eeth Koth/Zuttons. A collecting buddy from SF tells me that the BoShek wave appeared down there, so here's a last chance to get these cool figures...

Now one last story for this long-winded (sorry, it's been my first chance this long busy weekend to sit down and do the boards!) post....I stopped by WM in Stockton on my way to my nephew's birthday party to see if anything looked good for a last-minute gift (oh, alright...& check the SW aisle!!) and I stumbled across the new PlaySkool SW sets...the X-Wing one & the Naboo Fighter one and thought these look way cooler than I expected, so what a perfect chance to get the little three year old bitten with the force bug (besides the chance to play with these myself a little...they are that cool!). Get 'em up to the register & WHOOP-BUZZ-KLANG! "No sale allowed" appears on the register. Sales clerk calls ther manager..."Can't sell these to you...all SW has a hold till the 23rd". "Waitaminute!! They're on the shelve, they're NOT from Episode II, what's the problem?"
    Turns out that the Stockton store was a major violator in opening some of the AOTC figures earlier in the month, so the store manager is being EXTRA cautious and not selling ANY SW before the 23rd! GGGrrrrrrrrrrr! THAT really pi**ed me off....oh well, it'll be the 23rd soon enough, but I just thought you fellow bay area folk would get a kick outta hearing that it's not just AOTC that's pulled, it's any new SW...so you folks (including SirSteve) who've been speculating that the WM backrooms are teaming with TIE Bombers and SnowSpeeders are probably right....sigh. More to set aside for that big day....

East Bay Reporting In

Quick report from the weekend!

SL - Wal-Mart
    Picked up STAR WARS Stratego. They had another game, "Epic Duels" but neither one would scan when rang up. They did have all the preview figures out and even put out the lightsabers (non-electronic).

SL - K-Mart
    Nothing here. Only had 4 of the Jedi Starfighters and a bunch of the Jar Jar / Han Solo (Death Star Escape) wave.

SL - Target
    All Deluxe figures and standards are marked for clearance. They had Amanaman and Leia w/ Cannon at $11.50 each, and the standard figures were about $4.50 each. They only had the Tessek / Ketwol wave out.

K&B in SL - Bayfair mall.
    Tons of pegwarmers from POTJ, POTF etc. Only had 2 preview figures, both R3-T7.

Hope the info helps.

MTFBWY
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Lord Darth Vader

Re: Okay, a quick report & my interesting WM experience over the weekend...

Originally posted by jedibear
    Now one last story for this long-winded (sorry, it's been my first chance this long busy weekend to sit down and do the boards!) post....I stopped by WM in Stockton on my way to my nephew's birthday party to see if anything looked good for a last-minute gift (oh, alright...& check the SW aisle!!) and I stumbled across the new PlaySkool SW sets...the X-Wing one & the Naboo Fighter one and thought these look way cooler than I expected, so what a perfect chance to get the little three year old bitten with the force bug (besides the chance to play with these myself a little...they are that cool!). Get 'em up to the register & WHOOP-BUZZ-KLANG! "No sale allowed" appears on the register. Sales clerk calls ther manager..."Can't sell these to you...all SW has a hold till the 23rd". "Waitaminute!! They're on the shelve, they're NOT from Episode II, what's the problem?"
    Turns out that the Stockton store was a major violator in opening some of the AOTC figures earlier in the month, so the store manager is being EXTRA cautious and not selling ANY SW before the 23rd! GGGrrrrrrrrrrr! THAT really pi**ed me off....oh well, it'll be the 23rd soon enough, but I just thought you fellow bay area folk would get a kick outta hearing that it's not just AOTC that's pulled, it's any new SW...so you folks (including SirSteve) who've been speculating that the WM backrooms are teaming with TIE Bombers and SnowSpeeders are probably right....sigh. More to set aside for that big day....
    Jedibear-
    It's not just the Stockton Wal-Mart.... that happened to me when getting the STAR WARS Stratego! The clerk called over to toys, the person there gave her the ok to sell, and they rang it up!

But... I agree with you on the entire aspect. If it's on the sales floor, it's fair game!

c-richards, good meeting you.

Well, glad I got those figures while I did. Looks like WalMart has straightened up its act. I will try again tomorrow, however.

You too Pallaeon.

If Lucas is doing what he did with Episode I toys. Expect Wal-Mart to be hit with a HEFTY fine! (At least that's what I heard Lucas was doing and had Hasbro enforce it)

Hey guys, you should check out the Kay-Bee at Fairfield mall. Last week they had lots of the last two POTJ waves AND the Jedi Starfighter!

Well, it looks my little hot streak has come to an end. I fould AOTC, collection 2 (6 figures total) at San Leandro WalMart this morning. Only problem is that they rang up as "Not for sale". Looks like this is a nation-wide thing. So, I guess I'll have to be patient until April 23'rd.

Not For Sale?

Pellaeon-

Did you get the figures, or were they taken from you? I would of fought it. If they are out on the sales floor, then it's fair game, and it's THEIR fault they put them out....not yours!!!

I had the same thing happen to me Sunday there when I went to buy the STAR WARS Stratego game. The register would ring up, Not For Sale, but the cashier bypassed it all, hand entered the item and about 10 minutes later, I had it in my hands!

I just came from the Newark K-Mart...
    Nothing there new. Only 1 Jedi Starfighter left, and they have cleaned up the aisles (cause for alarm here) to make way for the Episode II items. They did have figures hanging, but it's all the Ketwol, Tessek, Lando waves.

I plan to go to Newark TRU later on today during my lunch break. I will report back in when I return.

Until then.... MTFBWY

So things are winding down before the onslaught of AOTC product. I'm just about caught up with everything, and as a result, have not been to the stores in almost a week! Because of the lack of posts to this thread recently, I assume everyone else is taking it easy before the 23rd too. Actually, it's kinda nice knowing that there's nothing "out there," because it gives me time to concentrate on the stuff I do have...and there's a ton of it!
    I do really hope that there'll be at least one TIE Bomber and one Snowspeeder left for me at WM on the 23rd...or later. I'm the most concerned about these two.
    I look forward to full pegs of brand-spankin'-new figures on the 23rd!
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...