Page 121 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1249

Re: NoCal/Northbay Reports....

I am officially done with the Saga line. I found Tanus near my office, and many thanks to Pellaeon for locating and picking up J'Quille for me.

I will continue to look for the figures you're missing, Pellaeon.

Now... on to the OTC figures
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Lord Darth Vader

Congrats on getting the Saga line Palleon! I just found the R1 droid and the R2 sail barge at Target in Cupertino yesterday. I am way behind the times but there never seems to be anything stocked in the southbay. I am not going to get any of the new repacked figures so I am not to worried about it because I'll choke down the high online costs just to get the few I want. Good luck hunting everyone!
    Ed S.

I recently picked up 2 of the "Vintage" figures. Han Solo and Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi. They were found at K-Mart, and carry a price tag of $9.99 each! As you have seen, these are the ones in the STAR WARS "clamshell" cases. They are new sculpts, but placed on reproduction cards. Not too bad looking.

I also saw 2 of the OTC figures Han Solo and Luke (Jedi), but passed... the cards were severely mangled and they are mostly re-issues. Of course, there are the 7 new sculpts (Luke, Yoda, R2, Obi-Wan - Dagobah, and Leia, Lobot and Cloud Car Pilot - Bespin). The only other figure I'll probably snag is the Imperial Scanning Crew Member. Many of you will remember that he was released with the Millenium Falcon carrying case when it was re-issued in the late 90's. The first offering had a Wedge Antilles figure!

Lastly, I found the new Jedi Council set 1 (Yoda, Qui-Gon, Ki-Adi Mundi) at TRU in Hayward. The figures are all re-issues, and in my opinion, the paint jobs could have been better. It kind of looks like they were all just slapped in the package and pushed out the door!

More finds!

First off many thanks to Pellaeon for the help in obtaining the OTC figures:
    Cloud Car Pilot
    Leia (Bespin)
    Lobot
    and the Vintage figures:
    Yoda and Vader.

I went out looking today and found the following OTC figures:
    Luke (Dagobah)
    R2 (Dagobah)
    Spirit Obi-wan
    Yoda
    as well as the "vintage" figure:
    Luke.

They are out there, but it does take some looking!!!

Good finds there, C-Richards! If you E-mailed me today, our network has been down because of some damaged SBC fiber optic line.

Okay, replying to my own post, I hit up San Leandro Target this morning and landed the OTC Bespin Luke, Yoda, R2, Holo Obi, and also picked up a Jedi Luke. These all appear to come one to a case.

New to the Santa Cruz area here. I daily check the usual suspects (TRU, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc.) for any Star Wars stuff both in Santa Cruz and Salinas on my way to work. Here is my daily report:

TRU Santa Cruz:
    Nothing - just old figures lots of new plush dolls and OTC vehicles.

K-Mart Santa Cruz:
    Nothing at all

Target Watsonville:
    VOTC Ben & Hans. Lots of 'em. Nothing else.

Walmart Salinas:
    One VOTC Ben.

Target Salinas:
    VOTC Ben & Hans. Lots of 'em. Nothing else.

TRU Salinas:
    Nothing - just old figures lots of new plush dolls and OTC vehicles.

K-Mart Salinas:
    One VOTC Han.

And that's about it. Of note, I recently found a new comic shop in Salinas, the owner there told me that I wouldn't find any Star Wars locally because there is a "crew of guys" that grab everything when the stores open. Sigh. And I thought things were bad in Oregon. I hope Hasbro starts shipping some product over here. It's very dry. Until tomorrow....

Fisrt off, let me welcome you to the boards MintOnCard. It is always good to meet another collector!

As for your comments for the "Crew". Welcome to the club. It is a sad fact of life that we all have to deal with the scourge that I have called "Toy Pirates". If at all possible, try to find another collector close-by that you can form an alliance with therefore doubling the bodies out there looking for figures. I can tell you for a fact that Pellaeon and myself have done just that and I would like to think that both of our collections have thrived because of it.

Also, it might be worth your time or your efforts to travel out a bit. I understand that you being new to the area could hamper this along with the fact that you may very well have other pressing issues (such as family, work or other issues), but if you can, it very well may be worth it to make a "day trip" on a weekend.

These are only suggestions so take them for what they are worth. I can tell you that based on personal expirence, persistance pays off. If you can befriend a couple of the workers at these stores, that might help. Also, you can try asking store employees if they can scan the pegs and see if there are any more of the figures in backstock. Target is generally pretty good about this, but some of them have a rule that they can't go and pull specific toys for "guests". The only thing I can tell you is try your luck and see what happens.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope you are able to find the figures you want/need for your collection. Take care, and once again, welcome to the baords. Enjoy your tenure here.

Yes, Mintoncard, welcome to the forums. Right now, my take on the major store players is;

WalMart-Hit and miss, very spotty. Might put stuff out at any time in limited numbers and then that's it. It's a crap shoot trying to arrive at the same time figures might be put out, so I haven't been hunting there as much.

K-Mart-Okay, rarely they may have some decent stuff, but K-Mart in general is a wreck of a corporation and it amazes me they are still in business. Is that blunt enough?

TRU-They used to stock at night, but most do not anymore as they are trying to reduce costs by reducing work hours. As a result, they put stuff out just before or at opening, or in the middle of the day. So, even though they get stuff, it is hard to figure out when they will put it out. Also, some employees if pushed will pull stuff from the back for you, which also means they'll pull for the scalpers as well, so this is a double edged sword. It is encouraging that my local store appears to be expanding its Star Wars section, so I am hoping for some new stuff.

Target-The best choice for toy hunting if you can get there at opening. As C_Richards noted, they control the indescriminate release of figures from the back. Also, when they put stuff out, they ususally have more in the back to restock over the next week every other day or so, so if you see remnants, if you come back in a couple of days, you are likely to score. Best time is in the morning at store opening, since they stock after hours (primarily).

Anyway, welcome aboard!

c_richards and Pellaeon, thank you for the very warm welcome and the excellent advice!

Here is my daily report:

TRU Santa Cruz:
    Nothing

K-Mart Santa Cruz:
    Nothing at all

Target Watsonville:
    VOTC Ben & Hans.

Walmart Salinas:
    Not a thing.

Target Salinas:
    VOTC Ben & Hans.

TRU Salinas:
    Nothing.

K-Mart Salinas:
    Still one VOTC Han.

Stopped at the local comic shop. They had a single OTC Bespin Luke for $5.00. I asked the owner how he's able to sell the OTC figs at once cent over retail. He told me that the guys just bring them in and they are sold on commission. I find that very strange, considering that the Luke had a KBtoys price tag on it for $6.99. Now I am really confused. Why would a scalper pick up a figure for $6.99, and then sell it for $5.00? If anyone can figure this out, let me know. Anyhow...until tomorrow.