Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1249

Re: NoCal/Northbay Reports....

where is walnut creek ca.? and is there anything to do there.just asking.
    thanks
    later

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Brain
    where is walnut creek ca.? and is there anything to do there.just asking.
    Walnut Creek is in the Eastern area of the SF Bay Area. It is about 15 miles East of Oakland (give or take), and about 35 - 40 Miles east of San Francisco.

I'm not sure what shops or anything in the specific Walnut Creek area, but you can head into SF via BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit). It's a railway system here that is elevated in many communities. Anyways, In San Francisco, you can hit Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Union Square, take a tour of Alacatraz Prison and so forth. As for theme parks there is one in the South Bay, Paramount's Great America, but I believe they are closed for the winter. There is also Six Flags Marine World up north in Vallejo.

Hope the info helps!
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Lord Darth Vader

Geetings everyone.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very happy and safe holiday season. Please be safe this holiday season!

Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, and to everyone, Happy Newa Year!

I wish you all the best!

Greetings everyone!

I found 5 of the 6 "new" Clone wars animated figures. They are:
    Anakin Skywalker (Battle Damaged)
    ARC Trooper (Captain - Red)
    Clone Trooper (Captain-Red)
    Clone Trooper (Lieutenant - Blue)
    General Grevious

The only one left is a Clone Trooper (Commander - Yellow)

However, the Clone Troopers are not new sculpts or different poses, they are the exact same figure that was released the first time. However, they are painted with blue, red or yellow striping on them.

I have also seen a lot of the 2005 figures including the newest Cantina Wave.

Hope you all have good luck in your searches!!!!!

Take care

Lots and lots of EPISODE 3 Sneak Preview figures found at the Salinas Wal-Mart.
    I even grabbed one of those fantastic EP3 cardboard displays for the new figs.

Also, they had most of the new Animated wave as well. (Didn't see any of the regular Clone Troopers.)

Happy hunting all!

Scored a scarce Yellow Clone Trooper from a fresh Clone Wars animated case I spotted at the TRU in San Jose. (There was only ONE clone trooper per case, which explains why I had YET to see them on a peg.)

Also found the new Unleashed wave at the Target in Salinas.

Haven't seen the Sneak Peek Jedi-Starfighter anywhere at all.

On a side note, I was surprised to find one of the new Spawn 27 figs at the Wal-Mart in Salinas.

Happy hunting all!

Got lucky and grabbed 8 ROTS figures from the Salinas Wal-Mart today.

Kit Fisto
    Battle Droid
    Mon Mothma
    Agen Kolar
    C-3P0
    Plo Kloon
    Bail Organa
    Shaak Ti

I have no idea what figures I missed out on before I got there, but with the "lock-down" on pre-April 2nd merchandise, I consider myself lucky. I almost paniced when I got to the register, and the computer came up with "NOT FOR SALE" when the figures were scanned in. As luck would have it, the head of the toy department just rang them up under a different UPC.

WHEW!!!

I had the same thing happen during the Episode II figure craze. I managed to find a few on the shelf, and so I snagged them and went to the register. I too got the "Not for Sale/No Item Found" deal, so the cashier called for the manager.

The manager comes up, knew what they were and proceeds to take them telling me I can't have them. It was at that point that I reminded the manager that if an item is on the sales floor, then it is for sale, and if he didn't process my purchase, then I would take matters to the BBB.

I hated that I had to get a bit huffy with the manager, but he was acting like a jerk. Bottom line, I won, got the figures and left.

Good find MOC.... Glad to hear you managed to get your hands on a few items.

I also found many ROTS figures last week at Wal-Mart in the North Bay:

#1 Obi-Wan
    #2 Anakin
    #4 Super Battle Droid
    #5 Chewbacca
    #7 R2-D2
    #11 Darth Vader
    #13 Count Dooku
    #16 Plo Koon
    #17 Battle Droid
    #18 C-3PO
    #19 Padme
    #20 Agen Kolar
    #21 Shaak Ti
    #22 Kit Fisto
    #25 Tarfful
    #26 Yoda
    #27 Obi-Wan
    #28 Anakin

Also found a couple of vehicles at Target:

Grievous' Wheel Bike
    Droid Tri-Fighter
    Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter

Last night I thought I had hit the ROTS jackpot...

Went to Wal-Mart in Salinas on my way home from work, and they were stocking the shelves. Much to my delight, they had a fresh case of ROTS figures. I opened the box to find all the figures in the first wave. I took the figures up to the register to buy them. Of course they rang up "NOT FOR SALE". The cashier called the assistant manager, and he told me that they could not sell them to me before April 2nd.

Suffice to say, I wasn't intending to take "NO" for an answer. I stood there for 45 minutes trying to get the manager to sell them to me. He wouldn't budge. Even after explaining to him that I had bought some of the figures just the other day, he wouldn't relent.

So, I walked away empty-handed.

I just think it's ridiculious that Wal-Mart won't sell them to me when it was their fault they were left out on the floor.

Oh well.