Page 13 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Wal-mart...a hive of scum and villany

Stormie...I frequent the MV Walmart as I suspect you do and have not even witnessed a hint that they have restocked our beloved toy line in months.
    Never seen the Bomber or Speeder....or even exclusives like Luke w/ Yoda.
    No preview wave, no Boshek Wave....no Jedi Starfighter...nothing! Just the same 25th 2-packs and BG and ketwols.

I've been to Union City and San Leandro Walmarts and they have even less there....<sigh>

On another note, the shelves have been sagging under the weight of ATST at several TRU's around here....

Man stormie, you brought up a good point, and something I haven't even thought of until now! The Snowspeeder and Tie Bomber are probably much more limited in numbers, and their will be a LOT of collectors out that night. I for one am REALLY concerned that there will not be enough of these to go around, what with people clammoring for these two that normally wouldn't be making a special trip out to the store to get them. I predict that there might be at least a couple of fights that'll break out because of this. This could get VERY ugly.

Re: Wal-mart...a hive of scum and villany

Originally posted by IG-89
    I've been to Union City and San Leandro Walmarts and they have even less there....<sigh>
    IG-89 -
    I found a Luke w/ Yoda at the SL Wal-Mart. Of course it happened to be shortly before Christmas and they placed them with the 12" G.I. Joe's and Gundams. At that time, their selection of STAR WARS merchandise was almost non-existant at best!

The key to Wal-Mart I have seen is to go often and early! If you can get there when it opens, great....if you can go more than once or twice a week, even better.

Last time I was there I asked for any STAR WARS figures. Of course, I was told they do not have any stock in the back which I know is a crock. Instead of arguing and getting nothing, I simply let them know that I knew someone that worked there, and knew they had a backstock area...but since they choose not to help me, then they got no sale.

I find that most of the time, be it at Target, Wal-Mart, or even at Toys R US, as long as you are polite and nice and ASK the employees if they might have something in the back....they will look for you. If you're rude and demand they do it...then you might as well take the money you would of spent on the toys and stick it in your ear!

Anyways...I hope you can find the toys you are looking for. Take care everyone, happy hunting, and MTFBWY!
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Lord Darth Vader

Walmart...a true hive of scum and villany

Well....i ususally just not bother replying when i've found nothing but I just wanted to reply to C richards' response.

I do check Walmart often, sometimes at least at 3 different Walmarts a week.
    I've tried going early....going late at night but either I have bad timing or the stock ppl get to work right after I have visited the store.

Anywaze, no Bombers or Speeders at UC or SL Walmarts as Friday. SL walmart did have the Jedi Starfighter but i didn't bother trying to buy one for fear of the 'no sale allowed' result.

By the way, i have never met a helpful stock person at any walmart. Ususally, my polite inquiries are greeted with a puzzled look on their face and some fumbling about before saying they don't have any.

Anyone here want to help a fellow collector out w/ the Bomber and Speeder?

Strike out

IG-89...
    I know your frustration. I have a really bad feeling these things are going to come out on the 23rd with all the other AOTC stuff!

I also hear you when it comes to finding someone to help you at Wal-Mart. Now, I know everyone needs a place to work, but is it at all possible for Wal-Mart to at least hire people that are HELPFUL?

It is very rare to see a friendly worker at Wal-Mart, and even more rare to find someone that know what he/she are doing!

I'll keep checking around, and if I spot anything, I'll repot in ASAP!

Take care, and good luck in looking for what you want!

MTFBWY

Re: Walmart...a true hive of scum and villany

Originally posted by IG-89
    Anyone here want to help a fellow collector out w/ the Bomber and Speeder?
    Better make that collectors!
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...

East Bay report

Hey everyone...

With less than 10 days to go before the merchandise officially goes on sale, this weekend offered slim pickings!

Target - SL
    All figures on pegs were clearanced. Nothin new. Still pleanty of the Leia/Sail Barge Cannon and Amanaman deluxe as well as the Ketwol/Shmi wave out.

K-Mart - SL
    Same as Target....however, NO Jedi Starfighters on the floor.

Wal-Mart - SL
    Pegs bare. Only things on the floor were STAR WARS Stratego, and a few of the STAR WARS Epic Duels games.

Toys R Us - Hayward.
    Still Luke (X-Wing) and Ketwol waves out. I did notice 2 R3-T7 figures hanging, and they did have at least 3 of the AT-ST sets in.

It looks like everything else is either being held, or hasn't come in yet. No TIEs or Snowspeeders!

Until the next time.....Happy Hunting, and MTFBWY!

Just to fulfill my need to figure hunt, I went to the Santa Clara and RWC Kmarts this weekend...and to my surprise, found three of the deluxe EP. II figures (Dooku, Mace, and Obi-Wan) and the Starfighter. I actually like the Dooku and Obi-Wan figures because of the magnets on their feet...this makes them stand up no matter what...kind of a cool feature.

Hope everyone else had at least some luck this weekend.
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...

I have 2 questions fo rmy fellow bay area-ers

1)Are there any places with preview figures available? I want to get a clone trooper or 2 before the real deal AOTC figs come out.

2)Any info on places (WM or TRU) having midnight madnes?

thanx

Figures and Midnight Madness

NWookie-

The figures.... might want to try TRU. Wal-Mart SL is out, I saw 2 of the R3-T7's at TRU - Hayward on Saturday.

Also, try the K&B at either Bayfair or Southland.

If that doesn't work.....see about ordering them from www.bigbadtoystore.com or another online toy company!

As for Midnight Madness....TRU Hayward is doing it! I have confirmation from a friend of mine that works there.

Hope the info helps!

MTFBWY