Page 52 of 125 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

East Bay reports

Hello all...

Coming home from work last night, I decided to stop off at the Union City Wal-Mart. Pleanty of the Luke/Vader wave, including several Lukes with the flesh colored peg, and a few of the silver peg. Funny thing was very few Vaders were found.

I did however pick up a new STAR WARS T-Shirt which has a banner like picture running across the front of the shirt of Vader fighting Luke from Jedi (artwork from the poster), and a rather large image of Vader on the right chest area. There is an image of Vader on the back of the shirt as well.

They also had a shirt of Vader fighting Obi-Wan in ANH, as well as a shirt with a large graphic of Vader, and his TIE.

At least it's Friday, and I can make the rounds. If I find anything, I'll let you know!!!!!

MTFBWY
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Lord Darth Vader

Sorry to post twice in a row

I thought I would let you all know that I just ordered Djas Puhr, and Palpatine via KBKids.com They had the figures for $4.99 each, and with shipping both came to a bit over 15 bucks.

I have no idea if they had any more left, as when I tried to order two of each, I was told they could only let me have 1 of each.

MTFBWY!

I know this is totally unrelated but I a couple of weeks ago I asked StarWars.com jedi council a question and I see it has been answered by none other than Rick McCallum.

I had taped a bunch of Ewoks and Driods shows off of SciFi back in 1995/96 in the hopes that my (at the time baby) son may want to see them in the future. Well now that he is 7 he as watch all of them and totally loved them. So I figured I'd ask the question not expecting to ever get an answer.

Here it is:

Q: Any chance the two Ewok movies or the Ewoks and Droids cartoon series will be released on DVD?

A: I hope so. Definitely.

At some point after we're finished with Episode III, we'd really like to make all of that material available to our fans on DVD.

Unfortunately, we won't be even thinking of making any firm plans until we're finished with this trilogy.

http://www.starwars.com/community/as...c20020626.html

Later,
    Ed

P.S. Went to Walmart and Target in MT view today lots of Darths and Lukes but nothing past that wave. Also went to KB at 280/stevens creek and KB in Westgate mall. They didn't even have any darths/lukes.

No sign of Aclay or Djas Puhr. Ugh!
    Ed S.

Originally posted by fightoned
    I had taped a bunch of Ewoks and Driods shows off of SciFi back in 1995/96 in the hopes that my (at the time baby) son may want to see them in the future. Well now that he is 7 he as watch all of them and totally loved them. So I figured I'd ask the question not expecting to ever get an answer.
    Fightoned-
    Did you ever pick up Droids or Ewoks on VHS? I remember a few years back, it has to be at least 5 years now, that both Droids and Ewoks were released on VHS in collectors Clamshell cases. They came out when I was with Target, so naturally i bought both. If I remember correctly, they were like $9.99 a piece, and I think they are still available...I could be wrong!

I would suggest you try a local Suncoast Motion Picture Company, or even try a few sites like Amazon.com and see if they are available.

That's really cool you got an answer from Rick McCallum himself!
    Along that same vein.... you might want to check out the Photo captions section, specifically... this page
    http://www.starwars.com/community/ca...s20020618.html

I had one of my captions posted. I use the SN Wedge_A for STAR WARS.com, and they posted one of my captions on their site!

Take care, and good luck hunting down the videos!!!!!
    MTFBWY!

Nothing new at Silver Creek Target. The Kbtoys on Stevens Creek had the unleashed figures. They also had an unopened sw 12" box labeled ultimate villians so I think it might be the two clone troopers; I didn't open it to check though. The Kbtoys in valley fair had one unleashed boba fett and some dookus but nothing else.

Originally posted by c_richards

Fightoned-
    Did you ever pick up Droids or Ewoks on VHS? I remember a few years back, it has to be at least 5 years now, that both Droids and Ewoks were released on VHS in collectors Clamshell cases. They came out when I was with Target, so naturally i bought both. If I remember correctly, they were like $9.99 a piece, and I think they are still available...I could be wrong!

<CUT>
    Yeah they came out in 97 but I couldn't bring myself to buying them when I already had them copied on VHS from SciFi. I typically don't buy VHS as it is because of the poor quality. I was a laserdisc man. (I can at least watch E 4, 5, & 6 in laserdisc quality!)

I'll check out your link right now.

Ed
    Ed S.

Well, no sooner did I mention the Queen's decoy (Sabe), I've found her again at Sunnyvale TRU.

Not in MIMC, slight creased on the back.

Seems like SF TRU finally got Han & Chewie wave... they also got more 12" Jangos, about 10 of them...

Talking score!

I didnt get a chance to post this find, but it was a very unexpected one! Went to my local Kmart wed or thurs around 5pm-6pm to get a 12 pack of cherry coke for 1.99 each. I think thats a hot deal... but that's besides the point. Usually I have this idea that kmart's are just ghetto, and that they never restock, and what they do have leftover from any RARE restocking, usually gets the crap beaten out of it by the kids. Not even worth my time, so i walked in one day... decided to take a look before i get some soda, and saw a black aotc figure... low and behold djas puhr, right behind it palpatine! BOTH MOMC! VERY VERY excellent FIND!