Page 75 of 125 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
    fightoned-

I totally agree with you. 10 bucks for a figure is a bit outlandish, but considering you can't find the freaking things....

I'd rather pay 10 bucks than a scalper 25 for the same thing! Hopefully, Teemto and Ki-Adi will come out en mass really soon. I'd start looking for them as well as Ani (Tatooine Attack) and Maul (Sith Apprentice) as part of the Christmas Push!

Along with those guys, hopefully we will see Ephant Mon, Padme, Jango, Clone Trooper Pilot, etc. I can only hope they get released relatively soon!

Hope the info helps. I know it's not much. I am drawing on my tenure at Target as a guide, and making some really BROAD generalizations here too.

Until the next time......
    MTFBWY!
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Lord Darth Vader

Wink finds and TRU really sucks

hey what is 'Time Tunnel' and where is it by the way?

So far Teemto and Tattooine Attack Ani waves have only appeared at KB or Target. They go pretty quickly but this Northbay Target i frequent has a few Anakins and Saga Mauls still on the pegs. If you guys need help getting this I could try to work something out for a fellow collector.

You may want to be on the lookout for Pilot Padme at Target now too. I snagged the last one yesterday.

TRU and Walmart suck right now as TRU never gets new stock and I live too far from a Walmart to be able to chk on a regular basis. Thank God i was able to score the Cantina sets in Milpitas last week.

KMART is worse than TRU!

Time Tunnel is on SOuth Bascom in San jose off of 280. It is basically scalpers paradise because it is a consignment type establishment. Athough there are an occasional gem at a good deal.

Hope this helps.
    Ed S.

saturday sono-co report.....

SR Target had same ole' pegwarmers (Jar Jar, Nitko, Han Solo, Endor Rebel & deluxe threepio) but RP Target had remnants of the Tat-Attack Ani wave....no Annies but five Saga Mauls for those who are still looking for this one.

MV KB had the Tat-Attack Ani & Saga Maul as well as a few of the window-box Jedi Starfighters left...

TRU had one Luke/Tauntaun (with a damaged window front) left but for $60.00 for what is the lamest re-issue since the Target Luke/SpeederBike (hey, it's two new heads for that price & a figure wearing the outfit it's been released in THREE other times in!)...it's hard for me to fork over that much for such a sad package....but enough editorailizing...back to the reports! TRU also still had a few of the Saga X-Wings and one Unleashed Ani left but no new single-carded figures in sight....

Both area Wal-Marts featured nothing new (however, if anyone up this way still needs the cantina sets, Windsor WM still had several as of this afternoon...)

Stopped by K-Mart on a lark today after not bothering since the end-caps were filled with those 2-pack blisters.....still no new single-carded figures but they did have the two new "electronic battling 12" scale figures...Obi-Wan & Jango Fett. Okay, here's a little more editorailizing with the reports here.....at $29.00 each I couldn't bring myself to get 'em but I gotta say I was pretty impressed. They are WAY better looking than the ones were for Episode One (great head sculpts on both of 'em) and the play features were pretty cool...not only button-activated voices (NOT the actors..unfortunately) & sound effects, but motion-sensor & body contact fight sounds too! Give Jango's chest a few thumps and hear some cool fight groans & noises.
    The packaging is pretty good too...sturdy, open-front boxes that let you touch the figure and play with it a little (damn! I'm talking myself into 'em as I type!) instead of the flimsy, easily damaged fronts the action collection has been sporting lately.
    Okay, okay....that's enough of that....!
    That was it for the rounds I made after work today...hopefully next week will bring some new stuff up my way.....

Toysrus on Blossom Hill had the 12" Luke and Taun Taun. The x-wings seem to be everywhere along with the landspeeders. The new padme is officially out so it is time to start looking again!

crichards- the armada optimus prime is awesome. I got it at toysrus.com but it was about $6.00 more due to shipping. Definitely a must buy! I haven't found the reissue optimus but I did see the rodimus major. Ultra magnus is everywhere.

KB Toys in Vallco Fasion Park Mall in Cupertino as of Friday evening:
    4 Playschool Falcon playsets
    1 Naboo playschool playset
    3 Xwing playschool playsets

All of them are really nice but I am not going to collect them.

Sorry for the late notice but the SSG server was down when I tried to post on Friday.

Hope this helps.
    Ed S.

Originally posted by mola ram
    crichards- the armada optimus prime is awesome. I got it at toysrus.com but it was about $6.00 more due to shipping. Definitely a must buy! I haven't found the reissue optimus but I did see the rodimus major. Ultra magnus is everywhere.
    Mola Ram- I snagged mine at Wally World in SL! He rocks! I'm glad to hear someone else that likes Prime and didn't bash it like many of my other friends!

This weekend was rather slim pickins for STAR WARS. Aside from Prime, there was NOTHING at Wally World.

TRU had the same tired peg warmers, tons of X-Wings, and 1 landspeeder that looked like it had been "well loved". No Luke and Taun Taun. but then again...I'm not looking! I have Han and Taun Taun and that's good enough. If I want to see a 12" Luke on it, I'll open my Luke/Wampa set and put him on the thing! No need to buy re-issues of what I've already got!

Target had nothing, same story... I was going to get the accessory sets, but decided against it so I could get Prime instead! (Decisions, decisions!)

Hopefully, more new things will come out soon, and I really wish Hasbro would stop re-packing toys just to sell them! I'm getting a bit annoied. How many Obi-Wan Pilots and Jedi Starfighters do we need?

Until the next time......
    MTFBWY!

N0 luck for me either this weekend. Saw nothing new at all...well, except for that new interactive R2-D2 at the Sunnyvale TRU, which had one left. Any indication that the Accessory sets will start shipping again? I only saw one Hoth (which I bought) while they were out, and no others. 'Til next time!
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...

I forgot to say that I too saw the Interactive R2 at Target in SL. They only had one left, and they had it marked at $99.99. It looks beautiful, but I can't justify spending 100 bucks on it!

I assume they might start putting more of the accessory packs out with the X-Mas rush! It's hard to say!

Hope the info helps!

MTFBWY!