Page 7 of 125 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Many thanks to Grayhank....

...who helped me score one of those At-St sets he mentioned in the previous post.

Our Windsor area Wal-Mart did get ONE case of the Bo Shek wave. Just the Shek was left...

I also made it to K-Mart and snagged one of those Jedi Fighters. I've gotta shoot off a quickie review here...
    Sorry Grayhank, but I've got to respectfully disagree with ya here.
    I opened mine and this is one terrific entry in the collection of SW vehicles!
    Grayhank was right about the thing rattling around in the box. Turns out what in was is whatever machine twist-ties the thing into the box MISSED on entire side of the ship, allowin it to move freely in the box and jar loose the bagged pop-off wing panels free as well, hence the rattle....

On to the toy itself...excellent detailing, infuriating decals (cockpit mostly) & play features the conceal well make this ship look great ! I also like the overall design of the craft...echoing the Hulking Star Destoryers to come among other things....

Anyhow....this is supposed to be a "Just Found" section, so head on over to the "reviews" board and read more comments on this great AOTC ship....

Thanks again for Grayhank's help in securing the latest stuff (the preview wave, the AT-ST, the Starfighter). Sometimes work just gets in the way of a bad collecting habit!

Later!!

This may be old news, but I was able to pick up the last AT-ST in a dinged box at the Foster City TRU this afternoon.

Originally posted by Lone Jedi
    This may be old news, but I was able to pick up the last AT-ST in a dinged box at the Foster City TRU this afternoon.
    Arrgghh. I knew I shouldn't have taken the weekend off from toy searching. That Foster City TRU has it in for me. I go, and there's nothing there. Then, as soon as I leave the store, they stock the shelves full! I guess it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take me like 30 minutes to drive there. Then again, the RWC and Sunnyvale TRUs haven't provided much either.

By the way, anyone else see any Ep. II 12-inch figures this weekend? I read on a couple of other sites that a guy in Milpitas found the Jango, Clone, and Mace 12-inchers at Wal-Mart (I assume the McCarthy Ranch one). That would be a neat surprise to find.
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...

nothing in the northbay....

....but if that guy DID find anythin 12"er from AOTC it would have been Anakin, Obi-Wan &/or the Clonetrooper...

The Mace is a TRU exclusive & the Jango is a deluxe on packaged similair to the 100th Luke...and it's not clear if that one is availible right away on 4/23...

Re: nothing in the northbay....

Originally posted by jedibear
    ....but if that guy DID find anythin 12"er from AOTC it would have been Anakin, Obi-Wan &/or the Clonetrooper...

The Mace is a TRU exclusive & the Jango is a deluxe on packaged similair to the 100th Luke...and it's not clear if that one is availible right away on 4/23...
    Yeah, you're right. It was Anakin, Obi-Wan, and a Clonie. All these names are just whirling around my head these days. Maybe I should lower the amount of aluminum in my diet.
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...

Hey stormie, just keep checking back at the Foster City TRU. They actually have a tag for the AT-ST on the bottom shelf, below the 25th Anniversary packs.

As of 11am this morning, the Hayward TRU had six Jedi Starfighters and the remnants of the Preview wave. I picked up one Starfighter and the last R3-T7. I asked the sales clerk about the "Midnight Madness" sale on the 23rd, but she had not heard anything about it, so I guess this TRU is probably not participating in it. Happy hunting.

what previews were left? I found some R3-T7's yesterday (looked like weekend remnants) at the Mountain View Target, but don't want him.

Just R3-T7. I have never seen Jango or the Clonetrooper in stores.

On a side note, does anyone else think the photo of the transformed Jedi Starfighter look like the Sith Infiltrator?

Hi all,

I'm currently on vacation in Rhode Island and thought you might want to know what I've seen around here. So far all 4 sneak preview figures seem to be in great abundance, especially at KBs and TRU. So if this is any indication they are going to be sitting on the pegs in CA. I did see 4 AT-STs at the Warwick RI TRU and finally picked up the Rebel Trooper and Imperial Officer. There were plenty of Rebel Troopers but only one Officer. No sign of the Teebo wave (yet) but I've still got a few places to check out. The two Wal-marts that I went to were useless. Seems Wal-Marts everywhere got stuck with thousands of the Ketwol/Duros wave just like in CA. The Targets out here seem to have the Tessek wave in great abundance.

I'm going to try to see if I can get into the Hasbro warehouse on a tour or something. They don't typically open for the public but it doesn't hurt to ask.

That's about it so far. I know that these finds don't do much good for the west coast but I like to be informed about what's going on in other parts of the country.

Later