Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

VOTC POTF - If You Were In Charge? (merged)

Many of us have been really excited by the VOTC line. But does anyone think they should have done a fourth series that included POTF figures. That way we would have gotten a total of 16 figures in the limited line. Not to mention there were some really good figures in the POTF line. Which four figures that were released on POTF figures would you have included in the theoretical fourth wave of VOTC figures, if you were in charge of the line. By the way, here is what I believe to be a full list of all of all the figures released on POTF, minus any figures already made in VOTC.
    A-Wing Pilot, Amanaman, Anakin Skywalker, R2-D2 w/ Pop Up Lightsaber, AT-AT Driver, AT-ST Driver, B-Wing Pilot, Barada, Biker Scout, EV-9D9, Gamorrean Guard, Han Solo: Carbonite Chamber, Han Solo: Trench Coat, Imperial Dignitary, Imperial Gunner, Jawa, Lando Calrissian: General Pilot, Luke Skywalker: Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit, Luke Skywalker: Battle Poncho, Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight Outfit, Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Fighter Pilot, Lumat, Nikto, Paploo, Princess Leia Organa: Combat Poncho, Romba, C-3PO: Removable Limbs, Teebo, The Emperor, Warok, Wicket W. Warrick, and Yak Face.
    1. The Emperor - More or less made like the Ben Kenobi Figure, but with knees so he could sit. Maybe figure out a way that they could make the robe better, so that it wouldn't be so volumous and seperate in the middle. Maybe something akin to the vintage Soft-Goods Jawa one. Just so that it doesn't seperate and come open in the middle quite so easily. The TPM figure was good, but I think Hasbro can do so much better.

2. Princess Leia Organa (Combat Poncho) - A really nicely articulated version of the Combat Poncho Princess Leia is badly needed. Especially after the terrible Speeder Bike, Coin, and even POTJ figure. The POTJ figure was ok, other then the massive groin. Give her a nice soft goods ponch, a belt, and her trademark blaster. Seriously, it's almost a shame that the vintage figure is superior to all modern versions of General or Poncho Leia.

3. Luke Skywalker (Combat Poncho) - We really need a good version of the Death Star II Luke Skywalker. This one can double both as Endor Luke and DSII Luke, just by taking off the Poncho. Give him a nice soft goods poncho, removable helmet, belt, and lightsaber. Again, just like Leia it's almost a shame that the vintage figure is superior to modern versions of Luke Skywalker: Endor Gear. Now everyone is happy.

4. Han Solo (Endor Duster) - They can make a nice figure here, and I think it's more or less what was planned when Han was announced originally to be in the VOTC ROTJ series as well. Give him a nice soft goods trenchcoat/duster, a soft plastic vest, and his trademark blaster. Again, just like the Luke and Leia, it's a shame that the Vintage figure is almost nicer then the modern Han: Endor Gear. Especially better then the Saga figure.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 08-05-2004 at 07:39 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: VOTC POTF - If You Were In Charge?

I think it is a great idea to make a fourth wave of VOTC cause is Vintage style and there was a Power of the Force that's now called Vintage.

I would make these figures:

Gamorrean Guard: This can be very detailed and with a lot of points of articulation, but I think it would need a little bigger burb.

Emperor: how can we miss this creepy, old powerful man in such an important wave, I would put him a textil cape and a very detailed face.

Amanaman: I would add this figure cause its so popular that it would be nice to see him again.

Yak Face: This one would be the best of all, I would put on him very detailed painting.
    [SIGNATURE]

1. The Emperor - the only major character NOT included in the VOTC line.

2. Jawa - another "original 12" figure. Would love to see a cloth-robed version.

3. Wicket - like 'em or hate 'em, the ewoks were big characters, and we'd get the most popular one to represent them in the line.

4. Anakin Skywalker - simply to tie in the VOTC with the prequels

Anakin was going to be one of my choices as well, but they'd have to redesign the card to have the Hayden Anakin on the front of it. So it wouldn't really be a VOTC figure, since it wouldn't have the original POTF card for it.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

1) Jawa. Like so many have said, one of the original 12.
    That said, a cloth cape version would be sweet!

2) Luke Skywalker Storm Trooper Disguise. Use the same body
    as the VOTC Stormie, although a "shorter" version would rock.

3) Endor Leia. Definitely needed. The POTF2 verson is awful

4) Emperor. Modern cloth caped version could be so very cool.

PS -- I'd also love to see the line continue. The retro cards
    and top quality figures are such fun.

I'm in agreement on The Emperor.

I wouldn't mind characters like Endor Luke, Leia, and Han, or Jedi Luke and Stormtrooper Han. A Jawa would be okay, but there are so many already, so I don't know if it's necessary.

The one character from the vintage, (I know he's not exactly POTF) line I'd really like to see as a VOTC figure is the Tusken Raider, with a really accurate head sculpt, and better articulation, particularly so he can hold his gaffi stick over his head with both hands like the vintage Tusken Raider could.

All of the other characters have either been done to death already (General Calrissian), or are too obscure for the TOTC line, which should concentrate on the most recognizable characters. Also, some of these obscure characters are already represented in the modern line in perfectly well-rendered depictions such as Amanaman.

Perhaps one of the ewoks (not Wicket) could be made as a VOTC figure as well. My choice would be Chief Chirpa (also not POTF) but from the vintage line anyway.

Well, in keeping with the theme of the VOTC line so far (key characters only, no duplicate characters) and keeping in mind that only 37 or so figures were released on the POTF cards, here are my choices:

Emperor - Although I'm not sure if soft-goods would work on this figure, Kenner tried it in the 80s and eventually had to go with sculpted robes.

Wicket - love the Ewoks or hate them, Wicket is still a key character from ROTJ

Admiral Ackbar - this is stretching the rules, but a proof card for Ackbar was made and is still floating around collector circles

Biker Scout - super-articulated version

So, what does everyone suggest Hasbro do about the coins? Just rerelease the vintage ones?

Although I'd actually prefer they do two additional waves with pseudo-vintage cards and give us "ultimate" figures for Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul, Jar Jar Binks, Amidala (TPM battle dress), Count Dooku, Anakin Skywalker, Jango Fett, and Obi-Wan Kenobi, I think I'm mostly in agreement with bigbarada here:

Emperor
    Biker Scout
    Wicket (or, if cheating, Chirpa)

However, I'd do a Jawa instead of Ackbar.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Emperor
    Biker Scout
    Ewok(the only thing I see is them being to small for the SA feature, same as the Jawa)
    Gam Gaurd
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 08-06-2004 at 01:36 PM. Reason: yo mama
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Although I'd actually prefer they do two additional waves with pseudo-vintage cards and give us "ultimate" figures for Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul, Jar Jar Binks, Amidala (TPM battle dress), Count Dooku, Anakin Skywalker, Jango Fett, and Obi-Wan Kenobi, I think I'm mostly in agreement with bigbarada here:

Emperor
    Biker Scout
    Wicket (or, if cheating, Chirpa)

However, I'd do a Jawa instead of Ackbar.
    I originally had a Jawa on my list, but I swapped him out with the Biker Scout at the last minute. The Jawa would probably be a better choice over Ackbar, since they were key characters in A New Hope AND they were actually released on the POTF cards.