Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Rick James........Dead

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Man there goes the third season of Chappelle's Show.
    RIP Rick.
    I was thinking the same thing. I would also like to think that without Chappelle Show he wouldn't have gotten as much recognition in death.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Rick James was famous before he did a guest shot on an episode of Chappelle's Show (which WILL be coming back, Comedy Central just gave Dave Chappelle $50 mil to do more seasons of the show and some other stuff, perhaps this is what gave Rick James that heart attack ), James was famous for his song "Superfreak", his cocaine addiction, and he and his wife Tanya were convicted of assault and torture of 2 women for which he served 3 years and she served a year and a half.

Anyway, Rick James' death was very surprising to me, I had heard he had a stroke a few years back and know that coke abuse often leads to heart problems, but he just didn't seem like he was gonna right now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

what's with these 50-something musicians having heart attacks? rick james and robert palmer are dead and john mellencamp and david bowie both had heart attacks.

Yeah, you'd think doing massive amounts of cocaine in the '70s and '80s would have been GOOD for them.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Now there is no PROOF that drugs are bad for you.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

So your saying that Keith Richards is PROOF they're good for you.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

As long as you have frsh blood pumped intoyou every year like Keith, then no.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Hmm, I dunno if a zombie is good evidence of health.

Quote Originally Posted by derek
    what's with these 50-something musicians having heart attacks? rick james and robert palmer are dead and john mellencamp and david bowie both had heart attacks.
    I believe Mellencamp was mainly due to a pre-existing genetic disorder exacerbated by smoking.

Bowie. . . well, to quote the late Rick James, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Rick James has been supposedly clean the last few years of his life but a few unnamed people insist that at a party two weekends ago, he was seen doing drugs. Don't know if those reports are mere unfounded rumors or not, a toxicology report is not due for another week or so.

Either way, it is safe to say that drugs did contribute to his shortened life span.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.