Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

You know what album doesn't hold up anymore...?

Thread's about albums that were good when they came out but no longer hold up to scrutiny years later.

I'll start:

Dr. Feelgood (Motley Crue) - overproduced, underwritten, too many slow songs and ballads. I get tired of hearing Sunset Blvd bands sing about girls: we get it, you're getting a lot of chicks, big whoop. And it sounds so thin, even the titular track - the only one close to solid on the whole thing - wears out in a couple listens. And it's tragic because it really starts hard and strong, but between just sounding too polished and Vince Neil's sound being stereotypical for hair metal, it loses its luster too fast.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Zeppelin IV....enough already.

stillakid, I mean this in the nicest possible way: You are NUTS!

The tracks from Zeppelin IV may be overplayed, but the album is still one of the strongest albums as a whole from just about any perspective you look at it.

Dr Feelgood: I honestly think, weird as it may seem, I've never heard the whole album. "Metal" or not, Motley Crue always struck me as a singles band, first and foremost.

I'd add anything by Marilyn Manson or Eminem to the list. I'm so glad their fifteen minutes are up.

I also don't think any of the pre-Badmotorfinger Soundgarden holds up especially well (the albums and EPs from when they were sort of a joke band, before they realized they were actually good and took themselves seriously). Louder Than Love is actually rather painful to listen to now.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Bloodhound Gang: "Hefty Fine" (2005)

I hadn't anticipated an album as much as this one ever. When I first got it and for the following six months or so, I loved every track on it. After a year or so, it was only about 3/4 of the album. Now, I can only make myself listen to a handful of songs from it. It's a sad state of affairs.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post

I hadn't anticipated an album as much as this one ever. When I first got it and for the following six months or so, I loved every track on it. After a year or so, it was only about 3/4 of the album. Now, I can only make myself listen to a handful of songs from it. It's a sad state of affairs.
    And I was disappointed in that one from the start. There were only 2-3 decent tracks on there, IMO.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Bloodhound Gang?

You may as well say that Justin Guarini's or Clay Aiken's album doesn't hold up.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Bloodhound Gang?

You may as well say that Justin Guarini's or Clay Aiken's album doesn't hold up.
    You're sick in the head. "One Fierce Beer Coaster" and "Hooray for Boobies" are still in my "Top 10".

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post
    about the only song from that album i still enjoy is "Something Diabolical".
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by darko666 View Post
    about the only song from that album i still enjoy is "Something Diabolical".
    For reals?! I never really liked that song.

Me and RB decided that the problem with that record is that there is no thread of consistency at all in it. Each of there previous albums had a distinctive "feel" to them, but this seemd to just be a big commercial for Jimmy Pop's production company, a sort of, "Hey! Lookit what we can do!".

Strangely enough, I also didn't like "Something Diabolical."

The only 3 songs I still like are Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo, Ralph Wiggum, and Pennsylvania. The rest are crap.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!