Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VOTC ships and playsets

I think that would be cool if they would remake some of the old playsets for the VOTC line. Maybe make the Original Death Star again or the Sears Cantina playset with the new upcoming Blue Snaggletooth. That would be cool. They should have made the X-wing and Tie-Fighter in the old vintage packaging also. Anyone else has any other vintage ships or playsets they would like to see remade for the VOTC line?

Re: VOTC ships and playsets

They've done all of the vehicles that actually appear in the movie as far as I recall. Except for the Deathy Star, most of the playsets are not worth reissuing. The Rebel Transport being the only real possibility. The Star Destroyer is too small and uninvolving, the Cantina playset is superfluous with the superior cardboard one released a couple years ago. I'd prefer an updated Ewok village to the vintage one as well.

The only vintage vehicles and playsets I wouldn't mind seeing again were all EU. In particular I'd like to see the Imperial Transport w/sound effects. That was my favorite vehicle of the vintage line. The Droid Factory Playset would be a welcome addition and has good play value. Many of the mini rigs were fun and would also not be unwelcome. Especially since they'd cost about $10 a piece.

Yeah the Imperial Transport was sweet and a favorite of mine as a kid too. The only other thing I'd add that hasn't been produced in the modern line is the Twin-Pod Cloud Car. I'd definitely pick up a few of those if Hasbro ever gets around to releasing the thing.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Dude, dont get me started. I have been wanting vintgae playsets for along time now. I was lucky enough to get two in the last year on Ebay fairly cheap for complete sets. I still want them to re-make Dagobah, an Ewok Village, Hoth, Cantina, Death Star and Jabba's throne. At least they gave us a new Jabba, but what is the Hutt, without his dias? How can we effectivley display our figures without proper playsets Hasbro? We get a ton of vintage figures, and vehicles, but no playsets.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Yeah if Hasbro releases Vintage style figures, ships and carrying cases why don't they do sopme playsets, so we can have a nice vintage style collection and can match with the original vintage collection.
    [SIGNATURE]

We need the Cloud Car most of all, but the original Death Star playset would have been a nice choice for the OTC line-up. That playset has a lot of senitmental value to adult collectors plus has tons of play value and doubles as a nice figure display/holder when not in use. The Ewok Village was re-released as part of the Kevin Costner Robin Hood merchandise line. I'd like another Dagobah playset since the foam "swamp" on mine has dry-rotted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Katarn
    Yeah if Hasbro releases Vintage style figures, ships and carrying cases why don't they do some playsets, so we can have a nice vintage style collection and can match with the original vintage collection.
    The DEATH STAR is a sadly missed opportunity for the VOTC line. I'd sure love to have seen this one updated (mildly) and reissued in the currrent sea of retro mania.

The CLOUD CAR and REBEL TROOP TRANSPORT are both items I'd gladly snap up in a heartbeat. Truth be told, I'd even be tempted to grab VADER'S STAR DESTROYER. I keep hoping against hope that we get something like this last one for ROTS based on Bail's Organa's Tantive V. It'd be such a great bridge between the classic and modern films.

I also wish they had reissued the old school vinyl carry cases. These are so cool. They also ACTUALLY hold the figures. It's have picked up several. As it stands now, I'm shopping for one on ebay.

I forgot about the Dagobah playset. That one could be updated as well. I also loved the vintage Hoth set as a kid, and misrembered the POTF2 version as being a reissue, when in fact it wasn't. Together, they'd be great.

I did not include the cloud car on my list, because allegedly this is still going to happen at some point. Then again, so was the Sith Infiltrator and the Gungan Sub, so, add it to my list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Veers
    I think that would be cool if they would remake some of the old playsets for the VOTC line. Maybe make the Original Death Star again or the Sears Cantina playset with the new upcoming Blue Snaggletooth.
    The original Death Star sucks. Its too fragile to be anything but a show piece (but hey that's what most collectors anyway). And its not even spherical in shape. The Palitoy Death Star would make a better choose.
    And the Sears Cantina is little more then a stupid piece of thin cardboard. I know Hasbro is capable of doing better than this.

But I think Dagobah, the Ewok Village, and the Imperial Attack Base are all vintage playsets that could re-released with no problems. Oh and that's not forgot the Jabba the Hutt playset either.

As for vehicles, the only one I see that needs making is the Cloud Car. The Rebel Transport is an odd carry case and Vader Star Destroyer is well, lame. If folk really want a Rebel Transport, I'll tell you I picked one up off eBay for $30, loose and complete. That's how much it sold back in '82. Hasbro's version would be at lest that much.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I would love to see a Cloud Car also. While there at it they should release a sail barge too. And an ISD of some sorts.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten