View Poll Results: Have you thought about getting bootleg OT DVDs?

Voters
394. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I am only going to buy the LFL-approved DVDs

133 33.76%
  • No, I won't get the OT on DVD, official or bootleg

5 1.27%
  • Perhaps I've toyed with the idea, but likely no bootlegs for me

29 7.36%
  • I've thought about it, but haven't made up my mind yet

28 7.11%
  • I'm seriously considering a bootleg as well as the official DVDs

146 37.06%
  • I'm seriously considering a bootleg INSTEAD OF the official DVDs

53 13.45%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Have you thought about getting bootleg OT DVDs?

No, I haven't thought that cause I want to buy only the official one, I need to wait till September.
    [SIGNATURE]

I've considered buying the OT on DVD but just can't bare to part with money better spent. I'm a patient person and will wait for the DVD release in September. I'm not going to judge the films before I see them so I won't complain or give many combolations until September.
    I know what a laser disc player is but I have a question and that is exactly how much does the player itself cost? I would think they would be expensive but I'm not the smartest person in the world.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Players are cheap. Under a hundred dollars. The movies are cheap also, but you want to get the definitive collection. The definitive collection has bonus material as well as being less likely to have "laser rot" as some of the first edition laser discs tend to.

Hmmm....all of this talk about the changes to the DVDs seems kind of crazy to me. I think it will be neat to see Hayden's spirit at the end of Jedi, and even the possibility of Ian McDiarmid in Empire thrills me. It brings more continuity to the series that would have been there had they been filmed in order. Changes like the whole "who shot first" segment I can do without. I don't see the point in that.

As to whether or not I'll own bootlegs, let's just say that I would collect as many versions of the films as I could....that may eventually number in the thousands at this rate.

I too wish you had had the choice for those whom have already purchased the bootlegs. I have purchased the Classic OTC on bootleg DVD. I have been lucky enough to have found an amazing supplier of Star Wars bootleg DVD's who has a perfect, crystal clear direct transfer of the Complete Star Wars Trilogy Definitive Laserdisc Collection onto DVD. (THE ORIGINALS, NOT THE SPECIAL EDITIONS!!!) It has all the commentary and every single supplement from the set. I had purchased some real crappy bootlegs on Ebay and kept hunting for the best I could find. It took me a while to find him, but boy was the search finally worth it. He was also able to supply laserdisc to DVD transfers of the super rare double feature The Making of Star Wars/SPFX:The Empire Strikes Back laserdisc and both Ewok films from the two laserdiscs. He also made me super high quality DVD's of the Star Wars Holiday Special, Classic Creatures:Return of the Jedi and From Star Wars to Jedi:The Making of a Saga from VHS. After three years of searching for the best it was finally nice to sit back and repeatedly relive my childhood without having to worry about George Lucas messing with my memories of the ORIGINAL TRILOGY as I remembered it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterjedi73
    It brings more continuity to the series that would have been there had they been filmed in order.
    Point is, they weren't filmed in order and they aren't supposed to be watched in order. By trying to change that, I think Lucas is really killing the OT.

Those last three films aren't the sequels to the first three. If anything, the most interesting thing about the PT is that many of the questions we'd had from years of wondering are finally being answered. Flip it around and it's answers first, questions later. (Yawn.)
    plasticfetish.net

I'm with PF on this one. The Original Trilogy was obiviously around first so I think Lucas should direct the Prequels around the story from them and not vice versa. He's trying to justify alot of the stuff from the Prequels by messing with the Holy Trilogy.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Flip it around and it's answers first, questions later. (Yawn.)

So G.Lu played ALex Trebec here, and I agree
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I am willing to bet that Lucas is going to wait until everyone buys this, as well as the big ol' Archival Editions boxed set (presumably in 2006 or 2007), then say, "You know, I changed my minds about the whole 'no original trilogy' thing."
    If there were to be an official DVD release of the OT, I would buy it. But the chances of this happening appear to be slim to none. Contrary to what some people believe, George Lucas does NOT have the right to alter his films whenever his "vision" changes, and we shouldn't just go along with it when he does. I used to have a poster of GL on my bedroom door, but now he holds no place of reverance in my mind.
    [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red][I]Knightfall: Star Wars Stockboy Supreme[/I][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff][URL="http://www.xanga.com/red_megaranger"][/URL][/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Knightfall
    Contrary to what some people believe, George Lucas does NOT have the right to alter his films whenever his "vision" changes, and we shouldn't just go along with it when he does.
    He's got the right to do what he pleases (at least with ANH which he directed and wrote), but you are right... we do not need to go along wih it. You can pick and choose which version of Eric Clapton's "Layla" you like best and listen to only that version, just as you can pick which version of the OT you like best. Difference is, Clapton gave us both on CD, while GL is only giving us one choice on DVD. So... I say get all the bootlegs you want. Personally I would like the Original theatre releases, the standard video releases, the SE video releases AND the new (ultimate) edition on DVD... that makes four copies of the same movies on DVD, and I would be willing to pay equal price for them all.
    Skeeziks22