Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider-man 2

Spider-man 2

i searched and searched, and can't believe i found bubkiss in the way of a spider-man 2 game thread...

this game is, in a word, AMAZING! the way they made the city completely explorable is awesome. the free-flowing gameplay is so cool, and the fact that bruce campbell is the narrator again just makes the game! i'm playing it on the 'cube, and it looks great. really fun, too. definitely has replay value, or maybe just extended play value...

it's just fun to be spidey, and crawl to the top of the empire state building!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Re: Spider-man 2

Yeah, i noticed the lack of a SM2 game thread here too, but i've been blabbing about it over at LOTRG! anyway, yeah, this game is AWESOME and to me, never gets old. I know some folks are complaining that the regular everyday missions are kinda repetitive, but that to me just adds to the fun of this game as the regular missions are the actual regular everyday crap Webhead would have to deal with!!

I got the game the day before the flick came out and beat it in early Aug. All i've been doing is swinging around the city and doing random missions at a whim. I'm about 60% done with it. at first, i sucked at those boat missions, but i'm slowly getting better. Though, occasionally, i blow it or fall in the water while i'm carrying the person.

I've also got a lot of the rewards and am doing the MJ and Daily Bugle missions, which are a great exercise in web slinging and patience!!

All in all, i still play this game regularly. something about just web slinging around the city just makes me giggle with nerd glee!
    I love this game!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

hell yeah! i love just stopping thiefs and car jackers and such. the balloon rescues are funny, too! i want to snag a balloon and just keep it with me, but i always feel bad and have to bring it back to the kid...

i love bruce campell's narration and advice blurbs. hysterical!

the trick with the boats is to charge your jump, and hold down the left shoulder button, then release ONLY the jump, and direct yourself with the stick in the direction you want to go. it's a low long jump, as opposed to a high shallow jump. it's tough but once you get the hang of it, it's cool.

so you're doing the MJ and bugle missions, but what about joe's pizza!??? there's pizzas that need delivering, and you've got do deliver 'em!

i beat doc ock, and now i'm in the chapter "the first day of the rest of your life"

i have beaten the game. well, not all the challenges, but i am in the second day of the rest of your life and have the LV. 8 web speed upgrade which i think is the highest you can get. it is a great game..it got extremly frustrating at parts when i keept getting killed at the same spots. but, now i beat all the bosses and kick robbers buts on a regular basis!!!
    HF
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

I'm about 72% done with the game. Yesterday i went on a hunting spree and got about 25 of the CHALLENGE MARKERS. I have ALL the upgrades and combos, so the spidey store is now useless to me.

As for the MJ mission, i'm stuck in mission 9 as i can't get there in time and for the pizza, I just beat 9 yesterday (after weeks of effort) and i haven't tried #10 yet. For the bugle, i'm still stuck on the assignment when you have to head down to that construction site. I can usually get most of the pics, but when you have to climb to the top, spidey just keeps going in circles around the pole; argh!!!!

Does anybody know how many MJ, pizza and bugle missions there are?!?!?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

i haven't played it in a while, because i got simpson's road rage recently, but i'm going to have to pop it back in soon.

those battle tank-suits really whoop my butt all over the place, but other than that, things are cool. i'm on the "second day" level... got almost all the buoys, a lot of the skyscraper tokens, and did some of the bugle, mj and pizza missions...

i might have to go play right now...

darth- here is a tip for those suit things: when they first spot you, run behind a building a bit so that you're like a fwe feet from the corner of it. They are going to try to blow you away, but they usually just shoot one another depending on how they're standing. With or even 2 out of the way, it's far easier to kill'em. Also, you acn do the random missions (purple icon thing on your map) while those are around. This way, you keep your health high. best of luck!

After thinking about this game for a while, I finally decided to buy it this week, and after checking the price at TRU ($30) and Target ($30) I found it at WM in the "Greatest Hits" packaging for $20, so I bought it. Spider-man has been one of my favorite superheroes of all time, and his web-action has always been a major part of that, this game blows me away with that element, when I first was swinging about I was smiling like an idiot for hours. Everything else is just something to do to justify swinging about New York. Bruce Campbell's narration is fun, although I found a hint where it won't kick in, but he's got a great presence.

I've only just beaten Rhino, I haven't entirely gotten the rhythm of the spide-sense dodging down yet, but it's already been a real gas. I can't stop playing in part because I can't NOT help the people on the street, what Peter Parker goes through I suppose. I was having a really hard time saving the guy who is dangling from the ledges, I'd usually overshoot or swing the wrong way or instead of sticking to the wall I'd run, but I've finally gotten that working. The little girl's balloon I'm still pretty bad at, I rarely bother.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

glad to hear you picked it up, JT. I haven't played it in some time thanks to MVP 2004, but It's been calling to me since I watched Sm2 a few times on cable. I know what you mean about the missions though: it's impossible NOT to help folks!! The balloons ones are cake once you get a hang on how to do them. You have to grab them, don't use web! I just usually get above the balloon, jump, use my spidey slow mo and grab it. Or i just climb on a building and jump to it. Those boat missions are still going to kick me in the a--, i know it. hope ya enjoy it!

The first balloon I came across, I webbed it to death. After that, I've been jumping around them, never thought to use Spidey-Reflex mode though, mainly they fly well up out of my jumping range, very frustrating. I've only done 1 boat mission, but it was no problem for me, I even jumped onto a nearby buoy afterwards for the buoy point.

One of the first things I did in the game was to web onto the helicopter and let it take me around, that was fun but I didn't try any advanced moves like running off buildings while holding on.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.