Night of the Living Dead - Barbara's Zombie Chronicles

I'm not really into Comics but while at Wizard World I noticed a booth for Dead Dog comics and they were selling this new comic. It looks to be a 3 part story (?) or at least 3 are planned for now. I figured I would give it a try for $5 and overall . . . it's alright. It picks up 5 years after NOTLD so it's set around 1973 and Barbara is living in a survivor camp which reminds me of the conceptual ideas for the above ground camps which Romero didn't get around to using for Day of the Dead. There is a core group of characters introduced and in one scene they head into town for supplies using a bus which vaguely reminded me of the bus in Dawn of the Dead 2003 minus the chainsaw slots on the side.

Like I said, it's alright and I might be interested in following the series if I can find the next ones. They get into the science of the radioactive satellite and how it affected the Dead's hypothalamus and fibermyalgia. There are a few flashbacks of Barbara's experience in the original movie so that's cool.

Of course, Romero had nothing to do with this as far as I know (nor Russo for that matter) but since the original NOTLD is public domain, heck even I could do my own comic for it.

Re: Night of the Living Dead - Barbara's Zombie Chronicles

Didn't Barbara DIE in the ORIGINAL movie?

Re: Night of the Living Dead - Barbara's Zombie Chronicles

Not according to Dead Dog.

Well, in the remake she survived BUT in this comic she has a flashback to when she found out that Ben didn't survive . . . and of course, in the remake she KNEW that Ben didn't survive because she was there when he zombied his way out the basement door.

Meh, in the film it's spelled Barbra yet the comic spells it Barbara.