Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: WOTC's SW Miniatures

Questions for you guys. Is it better to buy more starters than boosters? If I buy 4 starters will I end up with 4 Lukes and 4 Vaders? Is there any Very rare in the starters or are they just in the boosters?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

No. You will get the same 4 Lukes and Vaders and abunch of commons and a couple uncommons. Plus, they are more expensive and you will never have a chance to get any of the very rares that go for $20+. You can get the Luke/Vader from the starter for under $10 on e-bay.

Thanks, so would it be worth buying a booster case off e-bay for $99.00
    (Like my posts)

You will need one starter set to get that Luke and Vader however, plus the rules, map, etc if you have an urge to play.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by dindae
    if you have an urge to play.
    Can you play by yourself?
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Quote Originally Posted by mastermatt24
    Can you play by yourself?
    No, not unless you play both sides. It is easy to learn. ONce you get the main rules down like line of sight and who can fire at who.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

So, what do you guys say about a case of boosters for 99 bucks? Good deal or not?
    (Like my posts)

That depends on how many booster packs are in a case. Doing the math, a normal booster cost $13 (I'm rounding), you would get 7 1/2 packs. Since you can't really split a booster in half let's say 7 packs. So if the case is 8 boosters or more, then you've got a decent deal.

Personally, I only bought 7 boosters and the one starter. After that I eBay'ed the rest. Most were very easy to come by. On the average I was able to get common and uncommon minis for 99 cents each. Rares go anywhere from $4 to 8 depending on character. For instance the bounty hunters, with exception to Boba I got for $4 a piece. To me this was alot better than buying many boosters in the hopes of finding what I want. Taking into consideration that you may get alot of doubles. Basically, I was able to get 3 rares for the price of one booster. Okay, so I may have been 4 minis down (7 in a pack), but I am 2 rares UP (only one comes in a bosster). Since they are harder to find, that's a good deal to me. Now the Very Rares on the other hand are adifferent story. I lucked out and got a couple for $7-8, but I did bite on a couple of them for a little more. Sure these will probably drop in price down the line, but I'm looking at the Clone Strike expansion coming out in November and I don't want to be trying to collecting both sets at the same time.

With all that said, I'm just three away from a complete set, and by this Sunday, I should have one more of those. One of the two left is fairly easy to get at a good price, I just haven't gone after it as much as the others.

If you guys haven't got these yet, I suggest checking out eBay. You can get a complete set of commons or uncommons for fairly cheap. Then you can focus on the rares and very rares. I really saved alot by doing this and I didn't have to run all over town to find them, which saving gas saved me even more money.

I do have extras to trade but since I'm only looking for two at this point and one is easy to get, that leaves my last one.

Here's my extras:
    I have extras of:
    #7 Han Solo
    #13Princess Leia (Senator)
    #14 R2-D2
    #27Grand Moff Tarkin
    #55 Bossk
    #56 Greedo

These are all Rare minis.

I need only need:
    #42***Boba Fett

I'll trade four of my rare's for Boba. Only niche is you must choose at least one of the extra bounty hunters I have, ie Bossk or Greedo. Boba MUST have his stat card. All of mine do, so that's only fair.

Anyone interested PM me and we'll work something out. I do prefer those who are local to me (Pittsburgh) but will at least consider it, if you are a longtime respectable poster here.

That's my 2 cents.
    -Sal
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 09-20-2004 at 10:12 PM.
    Move along, move along

There are 12 boosters in a case.
    (Like my posts)

That's a good deal then. www.gameoutfitter.com is offering a simular deal.