Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

WOTC's SW Miniatures

Hey people.. Are any of you guys going to collect the SW Miniatures that are coming out? After I saw that pic I got hooked... (http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=sh...large&id=30519)
    I think these look really good and I will defenitly be buying these. Just a couple of questions though for anyone who might know: Are these going to be sold like those hero clicks things? and.. how much are they going to be?
    Thanks
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Re: WOTC's SW Miniatures

I'm on the fence about those. I've pretty much whittled my collecting to the 3 3/4" line (including vehicles and playsets).

To be honest I think the execution on these is a bit disappointing. So, it really depends on how these are made available and what the price for them will be. If they come in sets for $10 or so with no chase characters, I may do it. My interest stems from the likelihood that we'll see more of the obscure background characters in these small scale sets, that we will in the 3 3/4" line.

If these are going to be offered like the hero clicks, then I'm staying away from them. It's just one more thing I don't want to be spending my time hunting all over the place for, especially if there are going to be chase figures.

Hmm.. some of them look like the toys you get out of a quarter vending machine. If these figurines were like the old Action Masters die cast ones I'd probably buy them.

I would assume since WOTC is making this as a game similar to Heroclix, then they'll be available in the same manner. So I'm guessing a $20 starter pack with about 4 figures, then booster packs of 4 for around $8, booster packs of 2 for around $4. There'll probably be set up in a common/uncommon/rare style, so some will be rare. Of course, they'll be blind packaged so you won't know who you're getting.

But I may be wrong, cause some figures like the Wampa & Jabba would be too big to fit in the Heroclix box. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Anyone know when these come out?
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

Im pretty sure they come out in september. (I saw a preorder case on ebay and they said it ships early september)
    If you guys do collect these would you want to trade your doubles?
    hurray for birthdays!

I am definetly going to be collecting these miniatures and I would be happy to do trading with you becuase I do plan on buying the whole set. So far I have all of the promotional mini's except the Gen Con Wookiee Soldier which I am still trying to track down.

Now to answer some of your questions:

The official release date of the star wars miniatures line is September 3rd.

The starter set comes with 10 miniature figures. It has 8 random figures plus an exclusive darth vader and Luke Skywalker.

[font=Arial]The starter set will retail for $19.99.[/font]

[font=Arial][/font]
    [font=Arial]Each booster pack will contain 7 miniatures (1 rare or very rare, 2 uncommon, and 4 common) and will retail for $12.99.[/font]

[font=Arial][/font]
    [font=Arial]Hope this helps![/font]
    [font=Arial][/font]
    [font=Arial][/font]
    Last edited by DGFD; 08-23-2004 at 07:24 PM.

I already started collecting with the San Diegp promo fig. There are super rare, rare, uncommon, and common figures but the promo figures will be no different except from the stamp on the bottom. There is no "click". All the stats are on a seperate card. This is supposedly set up just like the D&D game they put out.

There are 12 ultra rares (don't know these for sure but I think Jabba, Wampa, Probe droid)

Rares: Princess Leia Senator, Dengar, IG-88, Lando Calrissian, Greedo, Bossk, 4-Lom, Chewbacca, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker Rebel, Darth Vader Dark Jedi, General Veers, Grand Moff Tarkin, Mara Jade Emperor's Hand, R2-D2, C-3PO

Commons: Twi'lek Scoundrel, Tusken Raider, Mon Calamari Mercenary, Jawa, Ewok, Bespin Guard, Wookie Soldier, Rebel Trooper, Rebel Trooper, Rebel Pilot, Hoth Trooper, Elite Rebel Trooper, Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper

Uncommons: Twi'lek Bodyguard, Quarren Assassin, Ithorian Scout, Elite Stormtrooper, Elite Snowtrooper, Rebel Officer, Rebel Commando, Elite Hoth Trooper, Bothan Spy, Stormtrooper Officer, Scout Trooper, Royal Guard, Imperial Officer, Heavy Stormtrooper, Gamorrean Guard, Duros Mercenary
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Do you have a list of all of them?
    hurray for birthdays!

No but there are only 60 in the set so other than the rest of the 12 ultra rares that is the list as far as I know. The official site is worthless. There is a poster that is on ebay but I haven't been able to find one that I can see well. There is also the luke and vader that come in the starter set. I have seen a lot of misinformation on the booster packs. The box images I have seen show 7 random figures even though i've seen stores say 8 and even 6. I hope there is a guaranteed 1 rare per pack like in the Trading card game but I can't say for sure.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22