Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Regarding the han and Luke stormie cinema scene?

I noticed as I am packing to move today that the middle torso on both Han and Luke have yellowed very noticeably - all my stuff is kept in the dark in a temp controlled room away from all sunlight, and still it happended - anyone else has this happened on theirs?
    Real men buy Willrow

Re: Regarding the han and Luke stormie cinema scene?

Nope, mine are still white. I just put them on display recently, but they had been stored in a tub on a closet shelf since I opened them.

The only problems I've had were with paint coming off the prequel figure accessories, like lightsaber hilts and comlinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanamatt
    I noticed as I am packing to move today that the middle torso on both Han and Luke have yellowed very noticeably - all my stuff is kept in the dark in a temp controlled room away from all sunlight, and still it happended - anyone else has this happened on theirs?

Well you have to let them out to go potty!

Can't say I've seen any of post '95 figures yellowed, but then again I've not really looked. I've a couple of questions for you. Are these figures loose or boxed? Is it the whole torso or just part of the torso, like a band? And could be be real specific on how you had them stored?
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Well you have to let them out to go potty!
    aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    I've a couple of questions for you. Are these figures loose or boxed? Is it the whole torso or just part of the torso, like a band? And could be be real specific on how you had them stored?

I have two sets: MOC and loose - ironically, the loose set is much less yellowed than the boxed set. Specifially, it is the upper torso - the whole chest area, while the legs, arms and helmet seem relatively the same as when they came out. Well, the loose set is within a comic bag and board - the boxed one is litterally within a cabinet located within a dark (windowless) room. So far, this is my first real sign of any POTF2 yellowing. I ran and checked other Stormtroopers in my collection from the POTF2 line, and they are all ok.

It stands to reason that if this has occurred with mine, it will happen with others, eventually. Hope I am wrong - honestly, I could not have stored my collection any more safely from the elements, so I do not know what is up with the rapid oxidation.
    Last edited by AmanaMatt; 08-22-2004 at 01:07 AM.
    Real men buy Willrow

I have two sets: MOC and loose - ironically, the loose set is much less yellowed than the boxed set. Specifially, it is the upper torso - the whole chest area, while the legs, arms and helmet seem relatively the same as when they came out.
    You want to talk irony, I think the box maybe part of the problem rather than the solution. I don't remember if this is the case with this three pack, but a number of them have twist ties a cross the torso, as well as the arms and legs. I know Hasbro used a different plastic in the torso from that in the arms and legs. So my first thought is that you have a chemical reaction going on between the plastic in the torso and the twist tie.
    (S)o I do not know what is up with the rapid oxidation.
    I'm not sure this is an oxidation process. You live in L.A. right? The famous air quality there may play a hugh role.

It stands to reason that if this has occurred with mine, it will happen with others, eventually. Hope I am wrong - honestly, I could not have stored my collection any more safely from the elements
    Well you're very right, this will happen to others. If you would like to stored your figures better I suggest a much cooler environment, like a freezer, under an inert atmosphere, argon is the gas of choose.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    Well you're very right, this will happen to others. If you would like to stored your figures better I suggest a much cooler environment, like a freezer, under an inert atmosphere, argon is the gas of choose.
    Doesn't NASA allow certain school experiments to travel to the ISS? Maybe we could sponsor a study to examine the effects of long-term zero-g on the yellowing of our toys.

Oh, man - that would be funny - could you imagine someone showing off their collection by reaching into the freezer -
    Real men buy Willrow

I keep my figures uncarded, in ziploc bags, in totes. Anyone have any thoughts on if the ziploc bags and figures will have some sort of chemical reaction to one another?

Any chance of the figures becoming toxic and one day me opening a tote, being exposed to the special level of radioactivity which will infuse me with new and wondeful powers? (That kind of thing NEVER happens to me. )