Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New "Special" CD's

So, they're gonna release "special" editions to the soundtracks from the first three movies. My question is: Who cares? We got those same soundtracks when the special editions were released in theaters. The only difference is that there's some exclusive songs or something on it. Plus some extras as well. But, most just want the music. Why keep releasing the original trilogy music when the TPM ultimate soundtrack has all the music but in poor form (as in every five seconds is a new track) and the only AOTC soundtrack we have is not even half the music in the movie. If LFL want to keep a continuous track going (like having all the DVD art having the same theme) then why not, along with these new soundtracks, release special edition versions of the two prequals too. Otherwise, it just seems like a waste.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Re: New "Special" CD's

Well, I'll be getting these CDs as I don't have any from the OT. They're rereleasing everything else, why not the CDs?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Slightly off topic but does anybody remember Johnny Williams saying he was asked to incorporate the Imperial March into A New Hope? Anybody know if that's been done for the DVDs? It'd be interesting to pick up the ANH CD again if it's included.

I have preordered the Trilogy CDs off Play.com. I know I already have them, but what the heck ! Digitally enhanced sound - it's well worth a new purchase!!!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I worked really hard to track down the SE 2-disc soundtracks when I finally scraped up the money, I had to buy the ROTJ one used from the local shop (but at least it was the first version and not the second). I really couldn't care much less about these, not their fancy new transfer technology nor their new distributor. I am curious what will be in those sets musically that wasn't in the SE CDs though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I might get them as I dont have any other SW music on CD, tape or vinyl except the SW Christmas album.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

KH - you really should get some version of the soundtracks on CD. I have the 4-disc boxed set and the SE ANH and ESB sets (had no desire to own "Jedi Rocks" or the new end music for ROTJ), and for me, listening to them remains one of the purest ways that I can still enjoy the movies. Somehow, the music evokes the emotions I felt when I saw the movies as a kid much better than actually watching the movies does.

That said, I *HATE* the new CD cover art - they may "coordinate" better with the prequel DVD art (as the DVD OT art will, I guess), but they're absolutely horrible Photoshop mish-mashes of publicity stills (especially ANH), and do absolutely nothing to evoke the emotions that the music does.

Rick
    Last edited by rbaumhauer; 08-24-2004 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    I might get them as I dont have any other SW music on CD, tape or vinyl except the SW Christmas album.
    Wow, then I'd really suggest getting them. Owning the OT soundtracks has really been a joy for me, I've played them way more often than the movies themselves.... like Rick said on the next page that I didn't see until I typed this up already.

I haven't even seen the art on these new sets, I'm that disinterested.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah... the new artwork is cheeseball. It makes the soundtracks look rather cheap. Still, if you've not gotten any of the soundtracks... here's your chance!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo
    Slightly off topic but does anybody remember Johnny Williams saying he was asked to incorporate the Imperial March into A New Hope? Anybody know if that's been done for the DVDs? It'd be interesting to pick up the ANH CD again if it's included.

I have preordered the Trilogy CDs off Play.com. I know I already have them, but what the heck ! Digitally enhanced sound - it's well worth a new purchase!!!

PENDO!
    Yeah, I remember him saying that a long time ago. That would be cool to hear the Imperial March going as Darth Vader boards the Tantive IV. Much better than that crappy "bad guy theme" thing they have in there now.

Is the art the same as on the DVDs themselves?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

That's not a "crappy bad guy theme"!!! That's "The Rebel Fanfare"...!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**