Applause Founder/Owner commits Suicide

This is really a sad story. I didn't know the man, but from reading about him I sort of decided I like him already.

But Applause was in serious financial trouble and it's owner who tried very hard to save jobs, killed himself by a gunshot to the head.

GH has the article posted in their news with a link to the LA Times story.

Re: Applause Founder/Owner commits Suicide

Wow, that is shocking. May God have mercy on him. Prayers and thoughts to his family.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

It's actually an LA Daily News story: http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~20954~2352515,00.html

Terrible tragedy. First thing I wondered was if the SW:Ep 1 license was a major contributing factor, after all, that license promised the moon but only delivered the green cheese.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This truly is sad and very unfortunate. This company must have really been this mans passion to drive him to suicide. It's always disheartening to hear about these things. I wish the best for his family.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

It looks like Mr. Solomon was from my neck of the woods. I saw his obituary in the Buffalo News over the weekend. It said he was a dedicated man who did everything in his power to keeping jobs from bleeding away.

Here is his death notice Solomon, Robert
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.