Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Question What was your first E1 figure?

Mine was Darth Maul Jedi Duel.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

The first was Watto. he looked so cool sitting on the peg that I was drawn to him before I saw the others. Gasgano was cool too but then I love the smaller figures so I would be drawn to them.

I actually really liked the episode one figures when i saw them. I was stood in the store deciding which to buy and overheard a couple of guys discussing them dismissively "No, they're too small and they don't look like star wars figures" This was said in a tone of voice that would have fitted the sarcastic comic store guy from the Simpsons.
    Anyway, they didn't buy them but I did and Watto is still one of my favourites.

The battle droid w/ STAP, since it was the preview figure. I later got Mace boxed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My first regular figure was "naked" Threepio.

My "OTHER" figure was deluxe Maul since I wasn't able to find regular Maul until later. I think I got Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Amidala next.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Not counting the preview battle droid with stap or the mail-away Mace Windu my first E1 figures were Queen Amidala, Shot Battle Droid, Mace Windu, naked C-3PO, Padme, Anakin, Jar Jar, and Darth Sidious.

Unhappy

I remember buying my first Episode 1 figure like it was 28 months ago. . . In fact it was 28 months ago. In August of 1999, 3 months after the movie came out, I bought a Jedi Duel Maul and a Mace Windu for $5.99 at a quaint little toy shop in Central NY-Finger Lakes region.

The reason why I waited so long was because I was mainly a Micro Machine collector and I thought I wouldn't have the time, money or energy to collect both but when I saw that "clearance" price for two rare figures (at that time) I knew I couldn't pass on it. Proudly, I have managed to still collect both lines (although my wallet is a little lighter) without having to take a second mortgage on my house (I don't even own one ) and I have managed to buy most of my Ep1 figures on clearance price. :happy:
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

The Battle droid with the STAP was the 1st but when the sale at midnight started it was Mual.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Arrow

Alas, I could not find this topic in the Old Forums, but like JT and Obi-Don, my first was the green box STAP and Battle Droid. I remember seeing it for the first time in a comics/toy shop in San Diego. The owner's employee (cronie?) was carrying in about 3-4 of them, saying he'd just bought them at Target. Now the proce would be $30. Owner: "These're gonna be sold out before Christmas. You better buy them now, 'cause everyone will want one." Me: "I'll wait." I bought one at $19.99 at either Target or TRU about 2 weeks later.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Other than the Sneak Battle Droid and STAP and mail-away Mace Windy, my first was Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Duel) because I wanted the Liam Neeson figure which I at the time knew nothing about.

- I do remember looking at my Qui-Gom, Obi-Wan, Amidala, Jar Jar, Anakin and Battle Droid figures not being able to play with them because they movie hadn't come out yet, and I didn't know how they acted.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

my first one was jedi duel darth maul in germany for about $16 !!!
    That's still the fig which I paid th most for - it looks very crapy when I look at it twice but I just love darth maul and it was episode I - a new character! so I don't really regret buyin it - I can still remember how happy i was when I got it