Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Bel-Cam Jos, for reminding me to use the caps lock button,i am new to all this and am just starting to realise the rights and wrongs to it all(i wasn,t yelling!!!)i feel a little

I just wanted to know if you guys thought that the gammeroean guard sculpt which was later turned into a Robin Hood figure would be classed a variation in the Star Wars line.I know its a completely different figure but it was still a variation of a Star Wars figure.

bye

Originally posted by darthlee
    I just wanted to know if you guys thought that the gammeroean guard sculpt which was later turned into a Robin Hood figure would be classed a variation in the Star Wars line.I know its a completely different figure but it was still a variation of a Star Wars figure.
    Uhhh, no.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by darthlee
    I just wanted to know if you guys thought that the gammeroean guard sculpt which was later turned into a Robin Hood figure would be classed a variation in the Star Wars line.I know its a completely different figure but it was still a variation of a Star Wars figure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys.i now feel very stupid for suggesting that figure.
    Anyway after that embarrassing suggestion would you guys know if the takara sculpts of C-3P0 etc are classed as variations,because a guy here in the u.k. has some takara C-3P0,s on the card and he tells me that the head and shoulders are sculpted differently to the u.s.a. versions,he also said that vader and stormtrooper were sculpted differently.

bye
    "What if he doesn,t survive,he,s worth a lot to me"

Don't feel bad

We were just razzin ya!

It's just that some collectors do get carried away with the whole "variation" thing.

The Takara sculpts are indeed TRUE variations and very unique ones at that. I am familiar with these. I'd like to have them in my collection.

In fact these were the first real "variations" in the Star Wars line. They are possibly the only sculpt variations in the whole world of Star Wars figures.

Not counting the "re-tooled" Vader which is just the SOTE 2-pack Vader carded on a POTF2 green card.

Or, of course some complete redo of an already existing figure.
    May the force be with you.

tan

What about this so called tan limbs klaatu? Isnt that another faded problem like the green limbed chewbacca? I dont find these as real variations. They are just aged.
    [url]www.deathstarplans.com[/url]

Can't find many pics of jawa cloth cloak variations on the net, so I'm uploading my own pics here. The plastic of my ROTJ jawa is noticeably paler than my older one (although the pic is a bit blurred so you can't see it very well), his eyes are a lot bigger, and his face is glossy as opposed to matte black.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jc2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	15720

His cloak is tighter (see bigbarada's post above), the hood is a different shape, and it's made of a different kind of material with a different weave and different stitching. You can see the differences in plastic colour in this next pic if you look at the feet; one is more of a yellowy brown and the other a more reddish brown. I don't think this has to do with release date, as I have a 3rd jawa with the paler brown plastic and big eyes, and that was an early release. My small-eyed, dark brown jawa was bought in Paris.

Name:	jc.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	15719

The tip of my BK lightsabre is a lot longer than a normal one (see comparison with standard), so I recently thought it might be a DT, but when I checked, no such luck!

Name:	ls.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	15721

Im not too up to date with the variations of the Jawa, but I know, or think, there are several different ones with the same COO and different sized eyes. The difference in color could either be fading or could also be due to different COO's.

As for a DT Kenobi, Im pretty sure that at last count, there were only 7 known to exist. Brians Toys had like an AFA 80 carded or something on eBay with a BIN price of around $30,000 or something outrageous.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Well, the memory of having a slightly-too-long BK lightsabre was enough to make me ring my mum on an international call and get her to check it. I did get my hopes up a little bit, such that when she said "no, it doesn't pull out", I was like "it should god dammit, pull it harder!"

$30,000 - that's insane...

Dude that hilarious
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car