Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    I do beleive the tan limbs Klaatu exists because I have a few. I wouldn't really consider it rare though. I have one too with mixed colors for the limbs. Some being gray and some being tan. I really don't think it's because of age. I beleive that the factory where they were made they simply had different colors for some limbs for whatever reason.

    Now there are countless paint variations on many figures. Some used tan for the the skin color and others used a more vibrant color which can only be described as skin tone. I have a Luke Bespin that has a tan face and the other skin toned hands. Looks kinda weird.

    How about the IG88 gray and siver versions? I remember as a kid I had one of each somehow and didn't like that they were different. Wanted them to be the same. I have always been into army builders and having several of a figure to use as soldiers or whatever.

  2. #22
    The tip of the Kenobi saber only looks long because it has been chewed on. As the person bit down the plastic extruded to make it look longer. I have a Vader saber from my childhood that is even longer, having spent more time between my teeth.

    Quote Originally Posted by vader121
    I do beleive the tan limbs Klaatu exists because I have a few. I wouldn't really consider it rare though. I have one too with mixed colors for the limbs. Some being gray and some being tan. I really don't think it's because of age. I beleive that the factory where they were made they simply had different colors for some limbs for whatever reason.
    The tan limbs Klaatu is real. For some reason the plastic used for the limbs was mixxed differently and came out a slightly different color. At the factory all the right arms go in a box, all the left arms in another box and so on. So when the factory workers grab an arm out of the box it may have been a regular or a tan. And each limb could have the variation making it very hard to get all the possible variations. There are also many less noticable variations with this and all figures. Like possition of the date stamp, the country of origin, and various paint and mold differences. For instance, just on Klaatu I have:

    black boots/4 grey limbs/stamp on both legs/H.K.
    black boots/grey left arm/3 tan limbs/H.K.
    black boots/2 tan arms/2 grey legs/H.K.
    black boots/2 grey arms/2 tan legs/H.K.
    black boots/2 tan arms/tan left leg/H.K.
    grey boots/4 grey limbs/H.K.
    grey boots/4 grey limbs/no coo
    shiny black boots/4 grey limbs/no coo

    Thats just what I have, there are many more variations out there.
    I currently count 272 different Vintage Star Wars figures from ANH - POTF. Of those I have 244 of them.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by sjd9299 View Post
    The tip of the Kenobi saber only looks long because it has been chewed on. As the person bit down the plastic extruded to make it look longer. I have a Vader saber from my childhood that is even longer, having spent more time between my teeth.
    Yeah, I'd thought of that, and I think you're probably right. None of my original BK/LS/DV lightsabres has an intact tip. The tips always broke off eventually when I played with them. My tipped ones were acquired a few years after the SW craze died down. I managed to score a few weapons, untorn vinyl capes, tipped lightsabres and one or two figures I'd missed from a schoolfriend of mine. So it wasn't chewed by me! Sorry for posting a pic of a chewed toy btw - that's kinda gross when I think about it

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithaba View Post
    Sorry for posting a pic of a chewed toy btw - that's kinda gross when I think about it
    Thats fine, like I said I chewed on my own toys when I was a kid. I still get the urge to chew on a toy every one in a while. Some of them look so good...
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by sjd9299 View Post
    Thats just what I have, there are many more variations out there.
    I currently count 272 different Vintage Star Wars figures from ANH - POTF. Of those I have 244 of them.
    You don't happen to have that list handy do you?
    You'll be dead!

    N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist View Post
    You don't happen to have that list handy do you?
    I'd like to see the list as well if you dont mind.

    I also have a tan limb Klaatu, it does exist.
    "It can't rain all the time."

    "Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist View Post
    You don't happen to have that list handy do you?
    This list is an excel spreadsheet right now that I use to keep track of all my figures. I might be able to help you out. I think I recently removed Red cape Bib Fortuna from it because no know examples made it past the sales sample stage and are more of a pre-production item than a variant.

    I will get it posted for all to see.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by sjd9299 View Post
    This list is an excel spreadsheet right now that I use to keep track of all my figures. I might be able to help you out. I think I recently removed Red cape Bib Fortuna from it because no know examples made it past the sales sample stage and are more of a pre-production item than a variant.

    I will get it posted for all to see.
    Red cape Bib Fortuna figures did make it out into the Lili Ledy line.
    "It can't rain all the time."

    "Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

  9. #29
    This is one I would really like too, but I don't want to end up with a fake.

    I started some mini rigs but have lost interest; they just aren't that sweet.

    I do want to pick up the droids and ewoks but those from boys are going for as much as some of the potf figures.
    You'll be dead!

    N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

  10. #30
    I got a few minirigs as a kid, and am glad I kept them. I remember them being good play value because they were cheap enough for the adults not to mind buying them for you, and they were multi-purpose, fitting in to most scenes you wanted to create. The first ones my brother and I got were MTV-7 (mine) and PDT-8 (my brother's). Then we got CAP-2, AST-5, and lastly the Endor Forest Ranger. Coincidentally, my friend had all the ones I didn't have: INT-4, MLC-3, and ISP-6, so I've played with all of them at some point except the skiff thing, which I only ever would have seen once in the shops, and at that time I was more interested in getting the new figures.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO