Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Anyway, my brother made us a proper skiff out of card, paper and cocktail sticks which was much better play value. It even had an extending plank. I think it was better than the modern Hasbro one! Plus we lived 2 minutes walk from a beach, so we had access to proper sand.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Red cape Bib Fortuna figures did make it out into the Lili Ledy line.
    Do you have a link to some info on this figure? Was it the same as the pre-production US samples? How can you tell if it is fake? I looked around alot but can't get any hard info. I just saw one at a toy show. They guy did not know if it was real. He said he bought it at a flea market in Cincinatti, so it could be real based on the proximity to the Kenner plant. Any way, he wanted $300. I did not have that much and really could spend it even if I had it without knowing for sure if it was real. It had everything I know of to check for. Tan thread so you know it was not a simple dye job. The material was the right feel - at least it matched the material used on regular Bibs. It looked perfect. I don't know...
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

Quote Originally Posted by sjd9299 View Post
    Do you have a link to some info on this figure? Was it the same as the pre-production US samples? How can you tell if it is fake? I looked around alot but can't get any hard info. I just saw one at a toy show. They guy did not know if it was real. He said he bought it at a flea market in Cincinatti, so it could be real based on the proximity to the Kenner plant. Any way, he wanted $300. I did not have that much and really could spend it even if I had it without knowing for sure if it was real. It had everything I know of to check for. Tan thread so you know it was not a simple dye job. The material was the right feel - at least it matched the material used on regular Bibs. It looked perfect. I don't know...
    Lili Ledy Bib Fortuna
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Ok, well the one I saw did not look like that one. This one was more a bright red and seemed to match the one on the ROTJ card back.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page

Ok, well the one I saw did not look like that one. This one was more a bright red and seemed to match the one on the ROTJ card back.
    That's likely a fake. The Lili Ledy version is a burgundy color, not red. The best way I know to check if it's real is to look at the thread used to sew the coat. The thread should be the same color as the coat. It turns out thread is very hard to bleach and/or dye.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    That's likely a fake. The Lili Ledy version is a burgundy color, not red. The best way I know to check if it's real is to look at the thread used to sew the coat. The thread should be the same color as the coat. It turns out thread is very hard to bleach and/or dye.
    I've heard that some people have used the Emperor's Royal Guard capes to make fakes, but if someone can't tell that the material's different too, then buy at your own risk.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    I thought that on a real US Red Cape Bib Fortuna that the thread used was tan and the material was a bright red.
    I am Toyhunter80's

I thought that on a real US Red Cape Bib Fortuna that the thread used was tan and the material was a bright red.
    That would make zero sense if you think about it. How often have you seen an item that is sewn with a different color thread from the cloth? Unless it's for decoration (which Kenner wouldn't have done) the answer is never. Tan thread would stood out like a sore thumb against bright red cloth and looked very odd. No, the thread would have been red too.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"

I think you are wrong about the thread. Normally if the thread is red, it means it has been dyed and is a fake. If the thread is a different color then it wasn't died and is legit.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I think you are wrong about the thread. Normally if the thread is red, it means it has been dyed and is a fake. If the thread is a different color then it wasn't died and is legit.
    I can't seem to find the article on the Collectors Archive (I hate searching for stuff on that place). What I could find are the articles on the White Cloak version loose and carded, and the Lili Ledy version. Look at the thread color. The White Cloak is very clear, white thread for a white cloak.

Now RS's archive has some good info on fakes.
    There are documented examples of preproduction versions of this figure with different coloured jackets. It is important to keep in mind that these are often times faked. Thankfully, these fakes are easy to spot. Commonly, the fakes are dyed red, and in some instances bleached white. Even though the fabric colour is easily altered, the same cannot be said about the thread used to sew the jacket, which is quite resilient to both dye and bleach.
    It's that last statement and the fact the very other piece of cloth accessory (including the first shots) has the same colored thread and cloth that tells me a legit Red Cloak would have red thread.