Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Vintage Variations

Anyone here know how many variations were in the vintage line? For example: Hoth Leia with black hair / red hair -- Han Big / small head -- Teebo light /dark stripes. What was the last count? Anyone?
    [url]www.deathstarplans.com[/url]

I think SSG's archive has as many variations as anyone has found, complete with photos.

By the way, I checked. You are NOT in the main computer...

I think if you look hard enough you can find a variation with nearly every character, with the exception of the POTF figures.

With just the original twelve you have:

Ben Kenobi:
    white hair
    grey hair
    double telescoping saber

Luke Skywalker:
    yellow hair
    brown hair
    double telescoping saber

Darth Vader:
    double telescoping saber

Han Solo:
    small head
    big head

Chewbacca:
    green crossbow

Threepio:
    gold
    silver

Tusken Raider:
    hollow cheek tubes
    solid cheek tubes

Jawa:
    vinyl cape
    loose cloth cape (SW, ESB release)
    tight cloth cape (ROTJ, POTF release)

Princess Leia, Stormtrooper, Death Squad Commander and Artoo have no variations I know of.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Angry NO! NO! NO! NO!

Stop it! Stop it!!!! You're ruining my childhood memories of my toys! There were, I repeat, NO variants to the Vintage line! That's a creation of POTF2 and beyond.

However... there are some differences in some figures. But these aren't separate figures (except red/blue Snaggletooth).

Ahem.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Blue Snaggletooth is the only "variation" I would be interested in seeking out. Mainly because he is pretty much an entirely different figure....well, except for the face, body and arms......okay he only has different legs and body color but he can still pass for an entirely different character.

The rest of the variations don't really interest me as I just pick the version I like best or can actually afford and move on.

Although I wouldn't complain if a double-telescoping Darth Vader just fell into my lap. That would be sweet!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Arrow Okay, okay...

Here are the "semi-legit" differences I own:
    Silver/Gray IG-88
    Blond/Yellow Hair Luke Bespin
    Blond/Yellow Hair Original Luke
    Small/Big Head Han
    Turtleneck/Collar Bespin Leia
    Red/Blue Snaggletooth
    Gray/White Hair Kenobi

I'm kinda looking for Vinyl Caped Jawa and another loose Jedi Luke to match my extra blue saber so I have one with a green and one with a blue.

Some consider Star Destroyer Commander a variation of Death Squad Commander (only carded, though).

Sigh...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Smile

HERES A COUPLE OF VARIATIONS:

BOBA FETT(TRILOGO,TAIWAN ETC.)
    A FREIND OF MINE TOLD ME THAT BOSSK HAS A VARIATION BUT I CANNOT REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS!!
    YODA (ORANGE/BROWN SNAKES,DIFFERENT SKIN TONES AND DIFFERENT COLOUR EYES)
    FU MAN CHU BESPIN GUARD(MOUSTACHE)
    YPS HOTH TROOPER
    BIKER SCOUT WITH SHORT MOUTH PIECE

I,M STILL TRYING TO THINK OF MORE!!

MERRY X-MAS

Arrow

Bespin Lando with teeth/without (have)
    Han Trench Coat camouflaged/tan collar (don't care about)
    Sand People sealed/open breath holes (don't care about)
    Admiral Ackbar tan/light tan vest (don't care about)

As you may have seen, I don't care about many "differences."

P.S. darthlee, you may want to take of the "caps lock" button on your keyboard. It looks like you're yelling as you type. Just a helpful hint.

I think what he means is:

...you may want to take OFF the "caps lock" button...

hehehehehehe

Anywho, back to the subject at hand.

If you are talking about actual physical differences, then there are LOTS.

If you are talking about CARD variations then there are LOTS more!

I have a book that lists ALL variations in the vinmtage line, this includes physical variations and card variations.

Remember, the original 12 were all packed on cards for ANH, ESB, and ROTJ. Not to mention the foreign cards as well as picture changes.

And don't even get me started on the card backs, 12, 20-21, 41, 72, 96...AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

BCJ, variations were done by Kenner LONG before Hasbro ever entered into the picture. It is the "variation collectors" who made these things semi-popular.

As for me, I always hated those stupid vinyl capes anyway.

In fact, if I had a vinyl caped jawa MOMC right now I would sell it and finance my ever growing SW (new and old, loose and carded, US and foreign) collection.
    May the force be with you.

ah

Interesting! Check out my site to see my variations. I still have alot of pics to add.
    [url]www.deathstarplans.com[/url]