Star Wars Kotobukiya

I dont personally own any of these yet but for those of you who do...

How do you like em?

Which ones do you have?

I'm holding out for the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett models but the others are tempting to get -especially Darth Vader.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Re: Star Wars Kotobukiya

i've got vader. he's really nice, but i think this whole line is WAY overpriced. these are basically roto cast vinal figures with no articulation. i really think anything more than $20 each is way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by derek
    i really think anything more than $20 each is way too much.
    True. Especially when you consider the Unleashed line is out there for $15 a piece. Granted they aren't as nice as the Kotobukiyas, most notably Vader, but the difference in quality doesn't justify being almost 7 times more expensive.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I only have the Vader which I got from www.toynk.com for $70 a few months back when they had a sale. I've seen the Clone Trooper & Jango Fett in a comic book store in the DC area at $94.99. I would really like to get the Darth Maul & both the Fetts...but that would be $300!!!! My wife would surely kill me, sell off my collection, and get that inground pool she's always wanted with my life insurance money.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll probably just stick with the Unleashed figures. I'll definatly get the Koto Stormtrooper when he finally comes out. I'm a big Stormie fan what can I say.

The Koto fig;s are 1-1/2 to 2 times the size as the Unleashed, IMO. I have Vader and the Clone Trooper. Love Vader, great pose. Boba Fett looks awesome too! They're just expensive because they are imports.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

How good is the detail on the Kotos? I imagine them as larger, more detailed unleashed figures.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22
    The Koto fig;s are 1-1/2 to 2 times the size as the Unleashed, IMO. I have Vader and the Clone Trooper. Love Vader, great pose. Boba Fett looks awesome too! They're just expensive because they are imports.
    technically everything is an import.

Ok, i could see them costing maybe $30 each, but no more.

Jay.

the detail is excellent. the head sculpts could be better on the humans, but the characters with helmets are spot-on.

they are all really nice, just way too expensive. i could see getting 1 or 2 of them, but $80 to $100 each is too much for me.

EntertainmentEarth.com is reporting a new ESB Yoda Koto for about $45. This should be coming out in March. Looks pretty sweet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kotobuki_yoda.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	9717   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koto_yoda.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	9718