Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Galactic Heroes Chewie & C-3PO - what's the deal?

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what's up with these figures. I've seen a couple on e-bay, but I they don't seem to be shipping with the other 3 sets. No sign of them on amazon.com yet either. I'm assuming this is partly because these two figs are available with the falcon, but I'm sure a lot of people won't wanna spend the ridiculous $50 price tag on that one, myself included.

Re: Galactic Heroes Chewie & C-3PO - what's the deal?

These were showing up about 1 per case. I recently spotted the new Wal-Mart display here in Az, and they had these in abundance, so I assume that they'll start to hit harder soon.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

Well don't pay more than 4.97 because here in CA i found them at WM and they were atleast 10 of those in the floor display. Good luck & Good hunting

I've seen plenty of every set in the last week or two, so I'm not sure why that set seems to be shortpacked.

And there is no way I'll pay more than $5.00 for 'em. Most places have them at $6.00 or more.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Like most people said,I won't pay more than US$5.

Darn, I thought this was another Seinfeld thread.

I've seen them quite a few times at Target. I wouldn't pay more than retail for 'em.

As for the Falcon, hold off. The original Playskool one got clearanced out really cheap, so I expect the same will go for this one.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I just saw a bunch of these at WM, Chewie has an Imperial Blaster molded into one fist where the Falcon version has holes in each hand. I suspect these were short-packed simply because both figures are shipping now in the Falcon set as well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Chewie has "Chewbacca" printed on the bottom of his right foot. I found it interesting that they would do that to Chewie considering none of the other figures I've seen have their names on the soles of their feet.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The new Falcon is $50? Are you sure you're not getting it confused with the OTC falcon? I know for a fact that the first Playskool falcon was $30 (cause I bought one).

At any rate, the Chewy/3PO 2pack is fairly easy to find around here. Drop me a PM if you want me to pick one up for you.

Oh yeah, another difference with the two Chewies is that the new one is sculpted with an open mouth, the one that comes with the falcon has a closed mouth.

Thanks, but I've since found them at TRU. I guess they held the 2-pack to be released along with the Bounty Hunters and Stormtroopers packs.

As for the price, Target was selling it for $50 when I first saw it back in October. Not sure if they dropped the price since then.