Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DVD changes - list/pics & soundbytes

http://www.geocities.com/starwarstrilogydvd/main.html

Not sure if this link was already posted, but here's a complete list of changes to the DVD's, with pics to back them up. Just click on the episode numbers to view each. The fixes to Jabba and (finally!)the Rancor & Vader's saber look great, and it's about time the Emperor was fixed in ESB, but I was really hoping the Hayden in ROTJ thing would turn out to be a hoax. I guess not anymore.....
    Last edited by tagmac; 08-30-2004 at 02:48 PM.

Re: DVD changes - list/pics

The site seems to be down due to high traffic. Do you know if the list is posted somewhere else?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: DVD changes - list/pics

I'm not sure. I happened to find the link posted in an IMDB forum. Leave it to geocities to constantly put a site down duje to "excessive bandwidth use."

I also came accross two soundbites on IMDB. The first is an excerpt from the redone Vader/Emperor scene in ESB. The second is Boba's changed voice. The Palpy scene sounds pretty good, but I think the original Fett voice was better. Temeura Morrison just doesn't sound quite so sinister, and I always felt the original voice was still close enough to keep.

http://www.aptirrelevance.com/gupta/...eror-vader.mp3

http://www.aptirrelevance.com/gupta/esb-boba-fett.mp3

Re: DVD changes - list/pics & soundbytes

If these are accurate, some of the changes are definitely for the better.

Thanks for the link.
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

I was really hoping to catch a date for when the next INSIDER is coming out. I can't recall when the site or the magazine said the next issues was due. They are supposed to be devoting quite a bit of the issue to the DVDs.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    I was really hoping to catch a date for when the next INSIDER is coming out. I can't recall when the site or the magazine said the next issues was due. They are supposed to be devoting quite a bit of the issue to the DVDs.
    I bet the DVD will be out before then, which is stupid. Since they went back to their old every-two-months dealy when they became Hyperspace.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I was really looking forward to Palpy being fixed but that dialogue is odd. His voice isn't raspy like it should be. It's too smooth. It sound's like Palpy's been into the valium.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I though we were getting the special edition versions. Now its the special editions with amendments? Goddamn it. Just release all versions for chrissakes, whats the problem? I don't want to be reminded of the crappy prequels when I'm watching real star wars. I should be given a choice.

NICE! IMPRESSIVE! VERY IMPRESSIVE! I can't wait for these new DVDs. All of the changes are welcome in my book. I am excited! Thanks for the great link, it is appreciated. Changes don't bother me. Life is about change.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!

I've got one problem with the change to the Vader and Emperor scene. The Emperor telling Vader that it was Skywalker who destroyed the deathstar...sounds stupid. It adds nothing to the movie...since the opening crawl says that Vader has been scouting the galaxy to find Luke...and then quickly changes direction and hyperspaces it to Hoth to get him. This scene with the Emperor doesn't happen until much later in the film...after the Falcon has escaped into the space cave.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"