Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Re: Jabba's Skiff Guards

CAPTAIN BLY (Commander Bly?): The clone commander on Feluscia (sp?) was apparently nicknamed Bly. That was the planet where Allya Secura (sp?) was killed, in a Jedi mutiny. Perhaps like Capt. Bly from Mutiny on the Bounty?

EXECUTIVE ORDER #1066 (Order 66?): This was the presential order from FDR soon after the Pearl Harbor attack that considered Japanese (and Japanese American citizens) as potential risks and required that they be rounded up and put into internment camps. Order 66 was Palpatine's galaxy-wide signal to eliminate any Jedi Knights.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I wondered about the significance of Order 66. I was thinking along the lines of the coordinated seizure and arrests of the Knights Templar throughout Europe at dawn on Friday, October 13, 1307. But I didn't find any Papal "Order 66" issued from the Vatican

Utapau - sinkhole planet home to two sentient species, the Utapauns and the Utai. Tion Medon is an Utapaun. Obi-Wan Kenobi killed Separatist military leader General Grievous on this planet.

Utapau - city in southern Thailand with a Thai naval base. Recently newsworthy since the Thai government offered the naval base as a hub for tsunami international relief efforts.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Lucas has been wanting to use the name "utapau" for at least 6 years, it was Naboo's original name when writing TPM.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I thought I read that Utapau was an early name for Tatooine way back in the day ?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Try thirty, JT. It was the original name for Tatooine.

I thought Order 66 was a reference to the number of the beast from Revelations.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah, gee whiz Chux, I never would have known that if you hadn't told me information from a source I was already citing in the post directly above yours.

Ok smart guys, where did Lucas get the name "Starkiller" from?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Ok smart guys, where did Lucas get the name "Starkiller" from?
    Well, Lucas wanted a character named "Luke S." So, he created "Luke Skywalker." Then, he said, "I hate this sun. It's hurting my eyes, I wish someone would kill the sun, which is a star, of course."

Am I close?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Dead-on.

(Luke S, that's too funny)

Oh my, I never got the Luke S connection !

Yeah Chux, I think JT was implying that Utapau was considered for Tattooine and then later considered also for Naboo.