Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Jabba's Skiff Guards

Quote Originally Posted by jlw
    or "Concord Dawn" one of the planet's names. I was at least hoping for a Clone battle on Concord Dawn.
    In the Exclusive Star Wars DVD's I bought from England from the Sun & The News Of The World, it states that Jango Fett is from Concord Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by BanthaPoodoo
    In the Exclusive Star Wars DVD's I bought from England from the Sun & The News Of The World, it states that Jango Fett is from Concord Dawn.
    Yeah, that's one of the famous "continuity fixes," where Jaster Mareel was Jango's commander in the Mandaloreans, and the details are getting all mixed up in the re-telling.

I can't wait for an explanation of the "Stormtrooper who killed his superior officer" origin of Boba from the Dark Empire comics.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Yeah, that's one of the famous "continuity fixes," where Jaster Mareel was Jango's commander in the Mandaloreans, and the details are getting all mixed up in the re-telling.

I can't wait for an explanation of the "Stormtrooper who killed his superior officer" origin of Boba from the Dark Empire comics.
    Never read DE. Did Fett say that himself?
    If not, then they've already sorted it out (kinda). Boba Fett either spreads or doesn't mind the spreading of numerous rumors about his origin.
    Ooooh...mysterious!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by jlw
    Another thing to think about is that not all names in the Star Wars saga came from GL. For example the name Orrinmarkko (sp?) i.e. Pruneface's proper name; came from West End Games and is a variant of Erin Marco, a friend of one of the writers for West End Games.
    The figure is actually Orrimaarko, and Orrin Marko was the friend's name, created by WEG writer Pablo Hidalgo who has since moved on to writing for the SW Insider and sw.com, and apparently is co-authoring a new SW Chronicles Prequels book with Sansweet to be released some time later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BCJ
    Deak is one of Luke's friends on Tatooine, I believe. He's (she's?) mentioned in the radio drama and novel, right?
    Yeah, Deak was originally in the film, he hangs out with Windy, both of these guys are seen hanging with Cammie and Fixer in the Anchorhead cut scenes. ("Windy" is also another unused name from the original script, Mace Windy, who was a pilot, and a name that got used another way later on).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, I knew I wasn't spelling the guys name right. I had read that story in like Toyfare or something a few years ago.

I think it would be an interesting article in the Insider to go back and ask George where he got the names from. Sorta like "Indiana"; "That was the dog's name" Classic!!

TARKAAN (Grand Moff Tarkin?): in the Chronicles of Narnia series, the Calormenes who sometimes fought against those of Narnia had either a family name or title called Tarkaan (female: Tarkheena, I think). Tarkin was a leader on the evil side in Star Wars, so the "evil" ones in the books could've been a source.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I really didn't want to go through 700 pages to see if this was posted or not, so if it has been smack me.

Dooku is Japanese for 'poison'.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

There's a "Search This Thread" search box that comes up when you click it at the top of every thread page, I searched yours and it appears to be unique. If accurate, pretty interesting. I could only find references to "duku" doing a quick google search, an asian-pacific fruit, which I hope wasn't the meaning behind the character's name.

Well, some online sleuthing netted me these possibilities for "Dooku."

1. Doku (pronounced "dough-koo" ) is Japanese for "poison," so CaptainSolo1138 was close.

2. Su-doku is a puzzle game from Japan (it was a puzzle or riddle as to who Dooku really was, whose side was he on, etc.)

3. A website poster thought perhaps the "Count" aspect of Dooku's name had the "poison" translation added to "duke," an honorary title, to create "Dooku."

So maybe all are true... from a certain point of view.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Well, some online sleuthing netted me these possibilities for "Dooku."

1. Doku (pronounced "dough-koo" ) is Japanese for "poison," so CaptainSolo1138 was close.
    I read it in the Insider. So they're close.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.