Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    This may have been mentioned before:
    In WWII FDR's Executive Order 9066 authorized the internment of Japanese Americans.
    It was upheld by the Supreme Court saying it was permissible to curtail the civil rights of a racial group when there is a "pressing public necessity."
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Not any new info, but a couple days ago, the Final Jeopardy! question was "What is Endor?" and it mentioned Return of the Jedi in the answer part. Sweet.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Not any new info, but a couple days ago, the Final Jeopardy! question was "What is Endor?" and it mentioned Return of the Jedi in the answer part. Sweet.
    Thanks, BCJ. I wasn't sure where to post that and then I forgot to post it at all.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post

Oh yeah!
    I think you mean "o yes" BCJ.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

In Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, during the sacrifice, Mola Ram chants in Hindi, imploring "Kali Ma Shakti de," asking for the "Spiritual power of Mother Kali."

Wiki:
    Shakti meaning sacred force, power or energy is the Hindu concept or personification of the divine feminine aspect, sometimes referred to as 'The Divine Mother'. Shakti represents the active, dynamic principles of feminine power. In Shaktism, Shakti is worshiped as the Supreme Being. However, in other Hindu traditions, Shakti embodies the active energy and power of male deities (Purushas), such as Vishnu in Vaishnavism or Shiva in Shaivism. Vishnu's shakti counterpart is called Lakshmi, with Parvati being the female shakti of Shiva.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Shak Ti is prequel drivel, let's get back on topic with these wonderful OT characters, please.

Sorry, 2-1B. I have to ask about a PT character: I just thought of this. Could Barriss Offee be related to a "coffee barista?" If so, it's pretty weak, but it does sound close.

ANAKIM: a race of giants mentioned in the Old Testament. If they were that tall, it might be like they could "walk" on the "sky." [maybe] Or that as a powerful being, Anakin would be a giant of Force ability. [perhaps] And Darth is tall, too.

I've been reading the facinating Secret History of SW, and while I'm only through the first two chapters (over 70 pages long) which haven't even gotten to the filming of the movie time period, still lots of cool stuff.

According to the author's foot- and endnotes, the terms "bantha" and "sith" came from the John Carter of Mars stories by E.R. Burroughs. Will have to read some to find out for sure (those are on my to-be-read list now... LISTS... :drool: ).

I didn't read from the beginning but a few I thought of...

Hoth - A German General during the war was named Hermann Hoth
    Corellia - There's an Isthmus of Korelia in Norway I believe it is
    Kessel - Means "pocket" in German. Such as what surrounded forces would be caught in
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!