I found some director's notes about Mr. Beer:

Acting too light
    Acting far too dark
    Dry acting
    Flat
    I done pint out what he is 'posed ta do, he don't
    Great job, my bud
    Keep him on, just in case
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post

Acting too light
    Acting far too dark
    Dry acting
    Flat
    Great job, my bud
    Your forgot:

Are we going to give him a speaking part? Of coors not!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Blue Harvest - George Lucas tried to hide production of Return of the Jedi under the name. Lucas is a fan of Japanese director Akira Kurosawa, who himself was inspired to make his classic Yojimbo by Dashiell Hammett's novels The Glass Key and... Red Harvest. The red harvest which inspires the title of the novel is the blood being spilled wholesale in the town of Poisonville. The switch to blue may be a reference to alien blood, or just a simple color switch.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Blue Harvest - George Lucas tried to hide production of Return of the Jedi under the name. Lucas is a fan of Japanese director Akira Kurosawa, who himself was inspired to make his classic Yojimbo by Dashiell Hammett's novels The Glass Key and... Red Harvest. The red harvest which inspires the title of the novel is the blood being spilled wholesale in the town of Poisonville. The switch to blue may be a reference to alien blood, or just a simple color switch.
    Maybe its a reference to the blue milk as drunk at the Lars homestead in ANH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post

Acting too light
    Acting far too dark
    Dry acting
    Flat
    Great job, my bud
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Your forgot:

Are we going to give him a speaking part? Of coors not!
    No speaking parts for Mr. Beer because he's a known draft dodger. But, we may reconsider because of his work ethic. He really hops to it when the cameras roll, that is if he doesn't mug for the camera. That kind of thing brews discontent with the director. Make him angry, and it may be taps for Mr. Beer!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

From a book I choose purely on its title (Space Viking) and author's name (H.Beam Piper), there were several SW-related details from this 1963 sci-fi novel.

Protagonist: Lucas Trask
    Space ship names: Fortuna, Enterprise, Avenger, Starhopper
    Planet name: Hoth
    Technology: hyperspace, micro jumps, stars that re-appear after lines of hyperspace
    Generic terms: empire, federation, storm-troopers, republic, emergency powers, trade issues, chancellor elected by people tired of corruption and indecision, making well-known names "different" by spelling them differently
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Good find! Lucas is such a thief.

Not Star Wars, but it made me think of this thread.

Joey Chill - sleazeball criminal character Raymond Chandler's 1935 short story "Spanish Blood". ("Joe Chill" is the criminal who kills Batman's parents, named in 1948.)

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Interesting. I wonder if any other Batman "normal guy" villains are homages (or ripoffs, depending on how you look at it).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Interesting. I bet one could dig and dig and find those sorts of things. On the broader scale, just looking at Dick Tracy's rogues gallery shows where the Batman villain concepts came from: regular mobsters and wacky-characteristics mobsters.

BTW, googling "raymond chandler joe chill" nets us this thread as the 2nd result.

Yeah, but it's always been pretty widely acknowledged (even by Kane and Finger, who disagreed on almost everything) that Batman "borrowed" Dick Tracy's rogues gallery.

An awful lot of Batman's villains have corny puns as their names, like Edward Nygma (E. Nygma) and the only recently revealed name Edgar Head. Some have names that fit (Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot is about as pretentious a name as one can think of for a short fat guy with a tux and parasol, and the ridicule he received for his name in school was later added as a prime motivation for his turning to crime).

I've always wondered if the name "Jack Napier," from the 1989 movie and later TAS (so far as I know, the only sources where Joker actually had any name beyond just Jack), was taken from Alan Napier, who played Alfred on the 60s show. If so, why'd they choose Alfred's name, or did it just have a better ring or was less obvious than Jack West, Jack Ward, or Jack Romero? (I'm 99% sure that Alan Moore's "The Killing Joke" was the first time he was called Jack, which is where they got that half of the name.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.