Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Dang, I didn't know both Sith and Banth were in the Barsoom series, that's pretty bad.

I don't think "Sith" as a word shows up in the actual Star Wars OT except in the script.

I had heard of whitsun before, never put it together with whitesun. Seems like a fair lift, unlike Chux's.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

At least Luke's sister wasn't named Thejah Doris.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    At least Luke's sister wasn't named Thejah Doris.
    At one point she could have been, the original stages of the ESB script had Luke having a DIFFERENT sister, not Leia. And Lucas does like to pay homage, not licensing fees.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I guess CW can head into this thread, too.

VIZSLA (Pre Vizsla?): a hunting breed of dog, like a certain hunter Mandolarian, perhaps?
    "That's what Sheev said."

I'm not sure where else to post this, but the newest Insider (#143) gave some official names to a few of the skiff guards.

*Lathe - the blue-shirted red Nikto who had a figure in the vintage line and last year in TVC
    *Pagetti Rook - the Weequay hunter sometimes nicknamed "Queequeg"
    *Brock Starsher - the white-suited guard with Doallyn's helmet, as Doallyn was officially not at the battle

Pagetti Rook is a little too cutesy, especially since it seems like an obvious mishmash of Pintel and Ragetti from Pirates of the Caribbean, with "Rook" taken from Ragetti actor Mackenzie Crook's last name. It goes with how The Clone Wars portrayed the Weequay as pirates, and he can match bounty hunter Kiera Swan, I guess. I don't know if Brock Starsher is supposed to be a Venture Bros. reference or what.

Anyway, bigbarada, you have some website updatin' to get to.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post

Anyway, bigbarada, you have some website updatin' to get to.
    Yeah, I know. I got a couple of emails this morning saying the exact same thing. I guess it's good to know that people are paying attention to the site.

Anyways, I agree that Pagetti Rook is too cutesy. After 30 years of calling this guy Weequay, I don't think I will ever get used to the new name.

Brock Starsher is fine. At least now we know for sure that he's not Sgt. Doallyn. I knew that Leland Chee wanted to assign the name Lathe to the vintage Nikto (back when he switched the identities of Klaatu and Yotts Oren), so I'm glad it's finally official.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

While reading a great book, British Museum director Neil MacGregor's A History of the World in 100 Objects, I came across a couple maybe's.

ASHOKA (Ahsoka?) THE GREAT: I'm not sure if anyone posted this already, but he was a famous leader from India known for his promotion of Buddhist ideals, morals, and tolerance. As a padawan, Ahsoka was often in favor of tolerance, morality, and peace.

SUNAN GIRI (Guri?): a Muslim saint, he was used as a subject in shadow puppet performances. The reason why maybe it could fit the Shadows of the Empire human replica droid, these shadow puppets were models of caricatured people, shown behind a screen so the audience would assume they really could be actual actors.

I was in northern Arizona tis weekend, and in the Homolovi State Park visitors' center, I noted the following:

JEDDITO (Jedi?): in a display there was a Yellow Ware Bowl artifact from a kiva, or part of a dwelling used for storing sacred items. The bowl's design included light and dark imagery, in apparent intended dichotomy. The Jedi Order held many things sacred, even its rival, the Sith. Also, in a Hopi puberty ceremony, a photo of a couple of girls had bun-style hairstyles, somewhat like Leia's. I wonder if in Lucas' studies of world cultures and philosophies he came across these names and images.

Can't believe I hadn't posted this here before...

442nd INFANTRY REGIMENT (442nd Siege Battalion?): an all-Japanese American group that fought in WWII, one of the most decorated units for the USA in the war. In SW lore, the 442nd was also a decorated Clonetrooper unit.