Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Passion DVD

The Passion DVD

What's up with the Barebones Passion DVD? I thought it would at least have something added. A making of feature or commentary would have been nice. And no Dubbing? I was sure there would be a dubbed track. There is no way my 80 year old grandmother could watch this on her 19" TV and read the subtitles. Thinking that the older crowd would be a big market, an english dubed track would have been nice.

Do any of you video-philes know if antoher release is being planed? I'm sure there would be many interesting things in the "making of" and locations used.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

Re: The Passion DVD

I'm 99% sure I saw an article a while back about a super-duper loaded version scheduled for Easter 2005.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The short version: Mel Gibson didn't want any extras to detract from his film, since it's something he did to spread 'The Word'. Which is a spiritual way of saying, let's release it barebones now, and make a ton of cash from the people who spent crazy bucks at the box office to see it numerous times. And then release it again in an SE and rake in a second round of tons of cash from the people who spent crazy bucks at the box office to see it numerous times. Just my cynical opinion of this choice.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I think the lesson that needs to be learned is "no matter how much you love a film, never buy the first release as it will be eventually followed up with a proper release."
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

The best DVD of the Year: The Star Wars Trilogy!!!

The worst DVD of the Year: The Passion of the Christ! What a rip Mel! I'm holding out for your Director's Edition. The one I hope you have every intention of doing.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Well said, Binks.

Any chance of an alternate ending on the Director's Cut ?
    I'm kidding, of course.

Meh, I picked this one up because I thought the movie was cool and I'll decide later if I want to re-buy. If the extras are THAT good, I'll pick it up and give this copy to my mom or something . . . or I'll just save the cash and not buy the extras version. Meh.

I got this one last night. Probably won't get the extras version. All I wanted was the movie anyway.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosskman
    I got this one last night. Probably won't get the extras version. All I wanted was the movie anyway.
    All I really wanted was an instrumental track only version of the film to go along with the theatrical version. I preordered this cheap from overstock.com so I didn't get mine yet. I did order a copy for my parents too. They have a widescreen tv so they shouldn't have problems seeing the subs (I hope!)

Quote Originally Posted by mm74md
    All I really wanted was an instrumental track only version of the film to go along with the theatrical version. I preordered this cheap from overstock.com so I didn't get mine yet. I did order a copy for my parents too. They have a widescreen tv so they shouldn't have problems seeing the subs (I hope!)
    It's been so long since I've seen an instrumental-only track. This is especially annoying since Lucas used to repeatedly say "These are silent films, and all you need are Williams' scores." I guess that went out the window with Sebastian Shaw.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I got my copy yesterday and as usual i have to play around with the diferent tracks. I dont know if the uk and us version are the same but you can alter the tracks so you have a voice describing the scene and what they say in english. I'm not sure if that is the track for the hard of hearing. I dont know if thats any use to anyone a guy a few frames above was saying his gran wouldnt be able to read the subtitles, so i dont know if that helps.
    [font=Arial Black]Never underestimate an Ewok! Sticks and stones break Stormtrooper's bones![/font]
    [font=Arial]"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you."[/font]
    [font=Arial]"Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follow's him"- Obi-wan Kenobi[/font]
    [font=Arial]Great Seller:- Mr JabbaJohnL[/font]